Mrieux NutriSciences is a solutionproviderdedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world" .
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Sensory Scientist that will sit remotely at our Client#39;s worksite in LA. Your mission will be to:
Manage and execute sensory and consumer research studies to meet the client objectives by working within the sensory science team. You will leverage advanced sensory knowledge to design best-practice policies, conduct panels to support QA and R&D needs, and manage outsourced sensory projects. Study types may include descriptive, discrimination and quantitative consumer research studies.
** This position will be based on-site at our Client location in LA, California **
- Lead and conduct single or multi stage projects, delivering to the required standards and agreed timescales, including designing research to meet client objectives, to produce good quality, actionable data, interpreting results, reporting/presenting findings, making recommendations and contributing to decision making.A wide range of sensory science methods may be employed including both qualitative and quantitative.
- Interface with clients to help determine their needs and how to apply sensory science to answer their research question.The clients will include persons from other sensory departments, marketing, quality, product development, and executives.
- Provide insight and support the panel recruitment process and helping to improve and expand the panel database.
- Apply statistical analysis to the data output from studies in order to interpret the results for the client.
- Support project set up and product preparation, when required.
- Provide informal coaching and share experience with more junior colleagues and technicians.
- Work to improve all aspects of the department, including functional methodologies, practical solutions and facilities and presenting these ideas in an appropriate way to management.
- Maintain and develop knowledge and expertise in relevant scientific disciplines.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Food Science/Sensory Science or related field
- Three (3) years experience in a sensory lab setting or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of sensory methodologies and execution commensurate with a Masters degree education in sensory science.
- Ability to create and institute new policies and culture change within the R&D and marketing groups at the client.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are critical in order to promote new policies and culture change and build professional relationships.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft software products are essential for performing duties.
- Good organizational skills are essential to effectively carry out assigned tasks.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft programs in order to provide necessary information to company leaders and clients in various formats.