The Senior Trader is responsible for the sourcing and trading activities of Oils and Fats for Tradin USA. . He/she will perform sourcing, ensures quality of sourcing and sales, customer satisfaction, opportunity and risk assessment, departmental improvements, and information exchange with other traders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management, sourcing, purchasing, and sales of products; quantities, deliveries according to specs, margins, contract formulation and execution, and cost price calculations.
- Stays in continuous contact with the Vice President, Sales Executives, Director of Commercial Development, and Director Trade Operations, others in the office and the EU concerning the products of each traders groups.
- Responsible for the height and content of the inventory positions for products. (coverage)
- Responsible for swift response on pricing needs for quote preparation
- Ensures best in class competitiveness and price/quality
- Formulates the sourcing, costs and sales budgets for products.
- Defines the marketing activities for products.
- Responsible for the sourcing / trading strategy
- Ensures optimal customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for handling product complaints from customers.
- Suggests new trade opportunities and product development.
- Keeps track of the international market developments.
- Stays in contact with the Accounts Receivables department for assessment of customer payment risks.
- Assists in assessing currency risks and positions.
- Responsible for the results of products in product group.
- Keeps track of the results and suggests correction action plans.
- Responsible for continuously improving the performance of the work procedures and systems of products.
- Defines all quality aspects towards all product providers and customers (either when buying/selling on a contract base or otherwise).
- Follows the product specifications as defined by the quality department and adheres to instructions that differ from the general product specifications if specified by Quality Assurance Manager.
- Ensures all suppliers meet supplier approval with the Quality Assurance Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidate must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management, Marketing, International Trade, or Agriculture.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of Trading, Sourcing, and Procurement experience in international trade preferably in the Oils commodity space (experience working with organic products considered a plus).
- Strong organizational skills and effective contract negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in deal making and has the ability to make independent decisions while taking calculated risks.
- Exudes an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Comfortable in a growing/evolving organization and can thrive in an environment that is still creating processes, procedures and systems.
- Experience in an import/export environment and successful customer service experience.
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to solve challenging problems, prioritize, meet deadlines and work with minimal direction.
- Advanced proficiency with Word and Excel. Working knowledge of Axapta highly desirable.
15% - 20% travel may be required.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Approximately; 90% of work is performed in an office environment, 10% of work may involve being in the agricultural, travel or manufacturing/plant floor environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
An Equal Opportunity Employer