Hostess Brands, LLC, is a large packaged food company focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh baked sweet goods in the United States such as Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Twinkies®, CupCakes, Voortman#39;s Cookies and Wafers.
The Sr. Trade Marketing Analyst (STMA) works directly with field sales and the broker network to help plan and forecast the Net Revenue of the business. The STMA provides decision making support for customer sales plans through assessing the financial feasibility of all trade programs .
- Participate in development of volume, pricing and margin forecasts for the annual budget and mid-year forecast updates for the business.
- Work directly with Broker and Field Sales to make sure promotions are loaded into the system accurately and on a timely basis.
- Monitor accuracy of promotions loaded into the trade management system (TradePro) and ensure modifications are executed as agreed upon by Finance and Field Sales.
- Monitor the execution of approved plans utilizing multiple sources to validate price points, items promoted, and volumes achieved.
- Assess, identify and determine counter measures for any spending issues.
- Work with deduction management team (internal and Brokers) to ensure timely, accurately applied deductions to promotional events.
- Provide month end reporting on accrual balances.
- Assist in implementing and managing new Trade Promotion Optimization (TPO) software.
- Analyze, research, identify and provide information on customer specific events as needed.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as required by management.
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or marketing.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, ideally in the CPG industry with a focus on trade promotion analytics.
- Knowledge and use of TPM systems either through broker experience or use at other CPG company.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly in writing and orally.
- Requires effective interaction with Finance, Field Sales, Brokers and Senior Leadership.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects within deadlines in a fast pace organization and achieve desired results.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working with syndicated data (IRI, Nielson)
- Excellent data system affinity with ability to work with and learn new systems. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications is essential. High level of proficiency in Excel required.