For more than two decades, FoodChain ID has been at the vanguard of the New Food industry, providing expertise worldwide to navigate the requirements of an increasingly regulated food economy and technical services to support the demand for clean label standards.
FoodChain ID assists food, feed, and agricultural companies—from the world’s leading brands to single product local producers—through certification and technical and testing services and solutions. We provide the knowledge, technologies, and tools necessary to meet the growing demand for higher levels of transparency, accountability, safety and sustainability.
Job Summary: Senior Food Science Technical Evaluator
FoodChain ID seeks a Senior Technical Evaluator to assist in the support of testing and evaluating products from clients to determine quality to obtain certifications. The Senior Technical Evaluator will report directly to the Technical Services Director.
Join the FoodChain ID team today and become a part of an organization who believes “seeing food clearly” is important.
- Develop data collection protocol and instrumentation necessary to conduct in-depth studies.
- Consistently communicate in a clear, concise, and comprehensive manner via the messaging system within FCID proprietary software, SupplyTrak or via email if required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities and demanding deadlines.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory standards from agencies such as FDA, USDA, CFIA, etc.
- Learn and apply NGP and FoodChain policies and best practices to the product evaluation process in alignment with Non-GMO Project program requirements.
- Provide expert guidance and support to PVP participants, as needed.
- Delivery of production goals and workflow assignments while maintaining a high level of client satisfaction
- Conduct Technical reviews of products, including product labels
- Conduct Technical reviews of low and monitored risk Ingredients, SOP's and facilities
- Conduct Technical reviews of high-risk ingredients
- Evaluate all elements of a product’s supply chain as disclosed by PVP participant and their suppliers to determine conformance with Non-GMO Project Standard
- Identify and report ingredients, process and/or technical issues, which warrant further consideration from the NGP’s standards revision committee.
- Identify and set ingredient risk and assign products and ingredients.
- Ability to learn and comprehend and then apply and review clients accounts to other third party standards and internal FCID standards (examples: US Hemp Authority standard, FCID Vegan, FCID Non-GMO certification)
- Be aware of and adhere to safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work.
- Fulfill other administrative duties, including active participation in team meetings and workplace training sessions, participation in the creation and improvement of workflow efficiencies, and special projects as assigned by the Technical Operations Director.
- Location: Remote
- Agricultural or Science related degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an evaluating, testing, and using technology to ensure the safety or quality of food within the industry
- Certification in GFSI is preferred but not required
- Previous experience in Non-GMO Project Verification or other product certification program
- Knowledge or practical work experience in food/agricultural safety, food regulation/certification/policy, along with experience in farm, food, seed, cosmetic, packaging, supplement/vitamin textile or similar industries.
- Working knowledge of auditing software system, checklists, and corrective action management systems
- Verify products and conduct annual account renewal review that are within scope
- Conduct Technical reviews of products, including product labels, ingredients, facilities, including SOP’s, including inspection reports. Verify product and conduct annual account renewal reviews.
- Develop statistically valid sampling and testing programs for materials, as needed.
- Conduct specialty category reviews for Non-GMO Project.
- Ability to synthesis information and come up with unique solutions to complex situations.
- Conduct technical review for the FCID/Bioagricert Organic program including but not limited to: organic system plans, compile findings, review inspection reports, compile inspection findings, issue letters of compliance and certification.
Position Location: Remote
Benefits and Perks
- Health Insurance – comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage options available for staff and their families
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance for each Employee
- Voluntary Life Insurance available for staff and their families
- 401K plan, including company match after 1 year of employment
- Paid time off (PTO), including holidays
- Paid Bereavement, Judy Duty, and Parental Leave
Most positions with FCID operate in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
This is a sedentary role; however, some standing, bending, and lifting is required. This position is subject to lifting files and computer-related equipment (up to 25 lbs.), opening filing cabinets and bending or standing as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Working Hours
Full-time positions require a minimum of 40 hours per week. Associates are expected to be available during “core” hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CDT. Some flexibility in hours is allowed and must be approved by your direct supervisor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
FoodChain ID, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.