Creativity, innovative thinking and the manufacturing of top-quality products have put Lyons Magnus in the forefront of the food industry. Lyons is involved in each phase of the food manufacturing process from the growing of the raw materials to the marketing of the finished products and everything in between. Lyons produces more than 2,000 different items for the industrial ingredient and foodservice segments, designing products for some of the top restaurant chains in the country, as well as international accounts.
This huge undertaking could not be done without a diverse and talented staff. At Lyons, our people are the heart of our organization. Lyons is proud to cultivate a thriving work environment with employees who are not just satisfied and productive, but engaged in creating the future the company s and their own.
Lyons Magnus is seeking a Sr. Supply Chain Cost Analyst for its Fresno-Corporate Office .
A member of the Finance department, this position supports Plant operations (3 locations), Procurement, Engineering/Maintenance, and other Supply chain leaders in various areas of accounting and cost analysis. This position would provide a wide range of analysis in cost optimization, commodity inflation and cost management, repair and maintenance, and manage inventory and cost accounting standards and processes. This position would work closely with the Accounting team as well as the Department leaders in Supply Chain.
- Support the mission, values and vision of the company.
- Work with colleagues and other stakeholders in a professional, positive and constructive manner. Consistently demonstrating a level of courtesy, discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Work effectively in a team environment to share information and help others as needed.
- Complete monthly analysis of manufacturing plant variances vs budget and prior year/
- Maintain accurate cost accounting standards and update periodically as needed.
- Support Procurement team with commodity inflation analysis and proactively influence cost reduction ideas and strategies.
- Support business analysts in analyzing inflation and support appropriate pricing actions.
- Proactively drive ideas for analysis, costs savings and other efficiencies by presenting analyses to management, as well as actively collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate perpetual inventory valuation for maintenance parts (spares).
- Assist Engineering department with capital project costing and analysis.
- Assist in cost analysis and preparation of annual budget
- Coordinate with Operations department to oversee the annual physical inventory observation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong computer skills high level of proficiency in Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint.
Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX (2012 or other) strongly preferred.
SQL knowledge and skills preferred
Knowledge of cost accounting concepts and requirements under U.S. GAAP.
Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Superior attention to detail and quality of work.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be a solid multi-tasker.
Proven ability to work collaboratively across an organization.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance
Minimum 5 years experience in warehousing/manufacturing accounting
Multi-site experience preferred
Experience in Food and Beverage manufacturing strongly preferred
Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain the very best people. Lyons Magnus offers a comprehensive benefits plan that include: Health, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Sec. 125, 401(k) plan, and more. If you meet these requirements and are eager to join a dynamic company poised for further growth, please respond with your cover letter, and salary requirements.
To learn more about Lyons Magnus, LLC its products and core values, visit