Are you an ambitious, multi-tasker who can solve problems in a fast-paced environment that loves BACON?" Then you should join us in growing one of America#39;s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Supply Chain team is looking for motivated professionals to facilitate the distribution of our great products to customers and consumers. These personnel can analyze production metrics against market needs in Supply & Demand Planning, focus on product transportation through Logistics, or ensure the shelves of your local grocery store are stocked by Direct Store Delivery.
The Senior Strategic Buying Manager is responsible for project management, updating our standard operating procedures, purchasing policies procedures and coordinating our energy needs by site.
- Point person for collaborating with our third-party partner on site specific natural gas basis RFQ#39;s and electric supply bids.
- Works with local government agency making sure Smithfield is participating in energy opportunities.
- Monitors natural gas pricing and initiates locking/hedging recommendation as opportunities are presented.
- Regularly attends Marketing meetings and provides input on business strategy.
- Attend cross-functional meetings to assist Marketing/R&D in development and implementation of new products or product changes.
- Responsible for Project Management activities, leads cross functional teams, assists business in sourcing requirements and changes.
- Conducts weekly plant purchasing manager meetings to identify any issues at our facilities that need to be resolved with suppliers and follows up with vendors.
- Responsible for strategic sourcing policy procedure plan.
- Generates, updates and changes Standard operating procedures.
- Assist / backup to our Cryogenic Gas requirement supply chain.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 8+ years#39; relevant experience in a materials-related function; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 10+ years#39; relevant experience preferred.
- Strong background in energy risk management and energy markets.
- Ability to make proper business decisions to ensure operations are not adversely affected.
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and verbal formats.
- Planning, organization and execution skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Travel estimated to be up 20%.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield#39;s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.