Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
Corbion#39;s R&D Sustainable Food Solutions (SFS) develops functional ingredients which enhance shelf life, food safety, texture, flavor and overall performance of food stuff. What makes us special is that all our ingredient solutions are based on natural and sustainable resources. We closely work together with our customers in co-developing innovative solutions. We have multi-disciplinary approach towards innovation together with marketing and sales. This is how we contribute to reducing food waste and improving food safety.
The Senior Product Development Specialist plays a key role in the investigation and development of new products & processes and customer based solutions. He or she leads development projects to support the Corbion growth strategy in close collaboration with other disciplines, including Business Development, Product Management, Sales, Regulatory Affairs, IP, Marketing and Operations. He/She will also work together with customers, suppliers and third parties to provide the optimal solution.
The Senior Product Development Specialist Food reports to the Manager Product Development R&D SFS.
As our Senior Product Development Specialist Food, your key responsibilities include:
- Leading product development and innovation Projects for all Food based innovations for Corbion Food
- Providing technical expertise and support for approved projects
- Development of new products and optimizing existing products from feasibility to implementation and deliver these through projects, either as a Project Lead or technical lead.
- Partnering with other (G)RD teams and providing technical support to Corbion prioritized projects
- Support to sales and Business Development for Customer support and requests
- Support Product Management, Quality, Supply Chain and Operations in product and process optimization.
- Safeguard the Food-technology expertise in Corbion Food, and keep self and team updated with the latest technologies that can support the Corbion#39;s strategy.
- Manage time and resources (materials, equipment, people) to achieve weekly / monthly goals
- Align on resources allocation with resource managers
- Identifies opportunities to make continuous improvements. Sets quality standards for existing products, services, production or operational processes in response to customer needs
- Identify and setup external networks for scientific improvement and partnerships in projects
- Functionally leading a group of 1 - 5 (Sr) Technicians
You are a broadly trained Product Development Specialist who meets the following qualifications:
- MSc or PhD degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with minimum 10 years industry experience in product/process and/or formulation development.
- Proven experience with innovation project and process management, product management and formulation optimization.
- Proven experience with leading multidisciplinary teams in a multi-functional project environment.
- Passionate about food, food preservation, and innovation.
- Customer focused and solution oriented mindset.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Good communication skills and intercultural sensitivity
- Excellent team-player skills, and able to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Creative and drive for success.
- Pragmatic and can-do mentality.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. What makes Corbion special is the way we consciously create that connection between the product of our work and our individual lives and use it to shape our choices and our priorities as a company. We have a great company made up of talented, dedicated people - people who share a purpose and a vision. When we all understand how we intend to get there in the same way, there#39;s no telling how far we can go. We offer you the chance to join a company with a:
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference
- International focus with truly diverse teams
- Unique possibility to be trained by our internal expertise in the world of biobased products
- We invest in relevant training courses related to your particular discipline, that will give you the opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- Lastly, we offer a friendly, informal culture in a demanding professional environment
In addition, we actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute toward our shared objectives and values. By joining Corbion, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2019, Corbion generated annual sales of 976.4 million and had a workforce of 2.138 FTE. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com