JOB TITLE: Sr. Service Desk Analyst
LOCATION: Madison, Wisconsin
REPORTS TO: Manager Employee Experience
The IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for IT queries from staff in all areas of the business. The Service Desk sets the standard of behavior for customer engagement, playing a key customer advocacy role, developing and delivering services that support customer needs and inform IT Services objectives.
The Service Desk team acts as customer champions, offering specialist advice and support on IT-related issues while providing customers with the best possible service and conveying a sincere willingness to help.
The Senior Service Desk Analyst is a key role overseeing the effectiveness of Service Desk knowledge and skills, ensuring that consistency and quality is maintained and that service targets are met.
The position is expected to work effectively across all IT departments, working most closely with IT Service Managers in order to drive service improvements.
The position will offer specialist advice and support on IT-related issues, ensuring the effective management of all incidents and service requests through a telephone, email and in-person based service.
This role requires the ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues within and beyond IT Services, in order to ensure that a consistent, high quality service is delivered by the Service Desk. This is a fast-paced and varied role, requiring excellent communication and customer service skills as well as a broad range of IT knowledge.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Receives and handles requests for service, following agreed procedures.
- Promptly allocates calls as appropriate.
- Logs incidents and service requests and maintains relevant records:
- Identifies and classifies incident types and service interruptions
- Records incidents cataloging them by symptom and resolution
- Acts under guidance to record and track reliability data for your services
- Systematically interprets user problems and identifies solutions and possible side effects.
- Uses experience to address user problems and interrogates database for potential solutions.
- Escalates complex or unresolved incidents.
- Records and tracks issues from outset to conclusion.
- During change, acts systematically to respond to day by day operational needs and react to them, avoiding service disruptions and maintaining coherence to (SLA) and information security requirements.
- Responds to common requests for service by providing information to enable fulfilment. Promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate.
- Maintains records, informs users about the process and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Monitors service delivery channels and collects performance data.
- Assists with the specification, development, research and evaluation of services standards.
- Applies these standards to resolve or escalate issues and gives technical briefings to staff members.
- Regular and punctual attendance and presence in the workplace.
- Timely and accurate completion of duties.
- Perform on-call responsibilities.
The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Computer Skills: Experience of working accurately and confidently with service desk tools and technology, such as ServiceNow, remote access, knowledge resources. Sound knowledge and experience of supporting range of IT applications, platforms and technologies in a manner that achieves efficiency, accuracy, and relevancy of information processing and reporting as it applies to this position.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as dictated letters or memoranda, invoices, company policies and various documentation, paying particular attention to grammar. Ability to process routine reports and correspondences. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and applicants of the organization. Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to correctly compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice frameworks ITIL/ITSM for the delivery of IT services
- Ability to clearly and accurately communicate processes and procedures verbally and in writing
- Experience of developing professional and effective working relationships with customers and key stakeholders
- Experience of delivering a high level of customer service
Desirable selection criteria
- ITIL 4 Foundation or higher
- Experience of utilizing knowledge management processes or tools
- Knowledge and experience of best practice in customer service and/or IT service management
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands Employee is frequently (more than 67% of time) required to: use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, sit; to verbally communicate; and to hear. The employee is occasionally required (up to 33% of the time) to walk and stand. The employee must occasionally (up to 33% of the time) lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Protective Equipment No protective equipment is generally required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
This position requires an Associate Degree in Computer Science or Business, or related field, or some college coursework and three to five years of job-related experience. It is preferred that this position have a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Business, or related field, knowledge related to the job and three to five years of job-related experience.
Because you and your family matter, Foremost Farms offers some of the best benefits in the area! Our comprehensive medical plan includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. You can choose to enroll in a single or family plan with low monthly premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/$500). Other benefits include:
- 401(k) with a generous company contribution (100% match on up to 8% deferral)
- Paid time off, starting at 200 hours (25 days)
- 10 Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave (6 weeks paid at 100%)
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care (childcare) expenses
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral program
- Advancement opportunities!
It is the policy of Foremost Farms USA to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Foremost Farms USA, headquartered in Baraboo, Wis.,is a world-class supplier of cheese, dairy products, and ingredients to national and international markets. As a dairy cooperative, we are owned by the 1,100 dairy farmers who supply our high-quality milk. Our flexible, diverse plant network allows us to manufacture products and ingredients that are most in-demand and provide a strong, secure market for our member-owners milk.
We re looking for employees who challenge the status quo, innovate and aim for excellence. Because we re working to be the world s best to Be Foremost we ll bring out the best in you.
Are you ready to Be Foremost?
Please apply at: www.foremostfarms.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Successful completion of pre-employment testing is required, which could include a drug test, physical, audiogram, background check, education check and credit check.