Danone Canada is the country#39;s largest consumer-facing B Corporation. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
The R&D manager, Packaging position is a strategic role within the Research and Innovation department and will be responsible for the research, development, and execution of packaging initiatives across Danone Canada#39;s brands. S/h e is responsible for building Danone Canada#39;s packaging innovations with the Marketing team. This position will be located in our Boucherville, Canada office.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Demonstrate creativity in the development of packaging systems. Promote the spirit of innovation across different networks; suppliers, the R&I community, cross-functional teams.
- Explore new packaging materials, shapes and technologies, as well as consumer trends, to apply them to new innovations.
- Support the innovation process by proposing, developing and implementing packaging options.
- Develop primary, secondary and transport packaging in line with the company#39;s objectives; cost, quality and time.
- Represent packaging in project teams partnering cross-functionally (Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Engineering and Supply Chain).
- Participates in working sessions with the brand management team and co-builds Danone Canada#39;s packaging innovation and circularity pipeline
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors, suppliers, sister Danone business units, plants, co-manufacturers and other sources of applicable technologies.
- Contribute to the packaging development for projects of all sizes.
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of the packagin specifications.
- Organize and conducts trials in an industrial environment.
- Contributes to the development of his/her team (1 associate product developer)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree minimum, Master degree in Sciences or Engineering ideal (Packaging, Mechanical, Chemical or related engineering science)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a packaging engineering field (preferably in food and beverage)
- Experience in thermoforming, injection molding and extrusion blow molding
- Experience with polyolefins (PE,PP,HDPE,PS), their properties and use as food containers
- Knowledge in sachets, pouches and related flexible packaging
- Experience in the use of statistical tools for problem solving
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office software, Microsoft Project, CAPE or TOPS, and Autocad
- Demonstrated Leadership in cross functional teams involving marketing, sales, purchasing and manufacturing in the development of new products
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment and make risk-based decisions
- Excellent business skills and understand the levers of R&I in brand P&Ls
- Self starter, autonomous and demonstrated ability to bring new unsolicited ideas and solutions to the table
- Ability to travel approximately 30%
Danone Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from headquarter offices in Boucherville, Quebec, and Mississauga, Ontario. Danone Canada is the country#39;s largest consumer-facing B Corporation, demonstrating that the company meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Danone Canada#39;s ambition is to produce healthful dairy, plant-based products and coffee creamers and beverages; create economic and social value; and nurture natural ecosystems through sustainable agriculture. Its portfolio of brands includes Activia, Oikos, DanActive, Danone, Silk plant-based foods and beverages, So Delicious Dairy Free and more.
Job Segment: Engineer, Supply Chain Manager, Manager, Marketing Manager, Supply, Engineering, Operations, Management, Marketing