Position at Pilgrim#39;s
Sr. Project Engineer
At Pilgrim#39;s, Safety Is A Condition , which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi -glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
The Sr. Project Engineer is responsible for oversight of various projects at Processing Plants. Working closely with Engineering, Plant personnel and Contractors, the Project Engineer will guide the projects to completion according to established schedules and budgets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Creation of capital budgeted projects and expenditures for the plant
- Serve as Project Lead on projects, developing time lines, coordinating support, tracking progress.
- Primary liaison between Contractors and plant personnel assisting in layouts, verification of existing and future utilities, assisting with weekend supervision of Contractors.
- Plan and attend safety meetings surrounding projects including acting in an enforcement role as needed.
- Coordinate appropriate utilities works, involving relocation of existing utilities and installation of new utilities as needed.
- Maintain and Improve our as-built drawings, drawing retention, and version control. Includes facilities, equipment, utilities, and property.
- Perform other projects/assignments as needed.
EXPECTATIONS - all Team Members
•Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
•Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
•Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
•Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
•Bachelor#39;s degree in Structural or Mechanical Engineering or a related field is required
•Three to five years of previous experience required
•Above average AutoCAD skills
•Proficient with Microsoft Office
•Very good project management skills
•Very good analytical skills.
•Demonstrated ability to effectively work with others to identify and capitalize on opportunities that result in successful implementation of changes for the benefit of the business
•To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.