Technical Product development lead on complex projects in the Nestle Nutrition Baby Food Division with specific expertise in the baking and snacks technologies, including: 1) renovation and innovation of products, 2) new product introductions, 3) trials including quality, product, process and/or cost improvements, 4) maintenance of existing ingredient specifications and qualification of new ingredients, 5) ensure supply for all products in the portfolio. Actively seek new ideas which will lead to a competitive advantage while identifying and supporting cost reduction opportunities. Provide technical assistance to various internal departments to support business goals. Ensure that all Baby Food products conform to marketing and marketplace requirements, are compliant to Internal and external standards and are optimized with respect to cost, labor, machinery, handling and transport. Develop and maintain relationships with other Nestlé divisions and vendors.
Project Execution including Innovation/Renovation, Cost Savings, Consumer Complaints, Infant Grade Compliance and other Technical Implementation Initiatives:
• Participate in project teams to contribute to product design, timeline deliverables and manufacturing feasibility decisions
• Initiate creativity and experimentation to innovate on product recipes and solutions
• Create, plan, schedule, support, document and analyze factory trials
• Assist in the identification and qualification of ingredients with cross-functional partners
• Develop and create recipes, requirements, in-process control points, and testing requirements for products
• Lead factory discussion on project initiative and assist factory in completion of required product development process activities through commercialization
• As technical lead or project manager, assure project timelines are on track
• Provide proactive communication, problem resolution and risk mitigation solutions
• Communicate to teams and/or senior management on status of project deliverables
New Product Development:
• Collaborate and influence internal and external project teams (made up of R&D, project manager, quality, regulatory, engineering, packaging, factory, marketing, contract manufacturing, purchasing, and supply chain, etc.) to develop, industrialize, and launch on a complex range of innovation and renovation projects
• Find creative technical solutions to translate consumer insights into winning product ideas
• Ensure product performance at the factory through trials and qualification process
Internal and External Factory Technical Assistance:
• Provide guidance to factory during product/process-related upset situations
• Utilize tools and initiatives to identify root cause and resolution
• Support factories on other documentation and/or expertise inputs
Adherence to Quality Standards:
• Ensure adherence to all quality by design, compliance (assessment tool), technical acceptance and mandatory release standards with compliance to internal and regulatory requirements
• Conduct all activities in compliance with safety standards and good manufacturing practices
• Coach, train and mentor co-workers, cross-functional partners and internal/external factory employees to increase success of the organization
• Act as subject matter expert on product mastership and resource for knowledge transfer, especially involving new technology and products
• Collaborate internally and externally to build relationships in order to continuously improve technical skills and personal development
• Proactively participate or lead continuous improvement on product development processes and departmental systems
• Provide coaching & mentorship to others to facilitate personal professional development.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• B.S. Food Science, or similar technical degree
• 8+ years of experience preferred in product development or related field of work. Will consider less experience with M.S. Food Science or similar degree.
• Snack and bakery products expertise desired. Dairy products expertise a plus.