For Current Agropur Employees: Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
Who we are:
We are an employee-focused organization that promotes from within and are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented employees to join our growing team. Founded in 1938, Agropur is a top 20 global dairy processor. In addition to being one of the largest award-winning cheese manufacturers, Agropur is a leader in high quality and diverse nutritional whey proteins. Agropur#39;s 10 US-based, SQF Certified plants are behind some of the most prominent food, beverage, and nutrition brands in the industry. Vertically integrated by design, Agropur provides future-forward solutions in the areas of cheese, ingredients, beverages, and custom contract manufacturing services. "Better Dairy. Better World." www.agropur.com
What this role is all about:
We are looking for a Senior Process Improvement Engineer in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The Senior Process Improvement Engineer uses engineering knowledge to continually optimize and improve processes and activities at operating facilities through plant performance testing, monitoring and data analysis. This position provides technical support to the plant focused on operational improvement, technology selection, optimization, and troubleshooting. This position also helps develop test plans, execute the test plans, analyze the results, prepare the reports, make recommendations to plant management, and work on the implementation of the improvements.
- Troubleshoot problems with production and take corrective action or proposes necessary to correct.
- Develop and implement new procedures and policies to maximize the efficiencies of manufacturing systems.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
- Perform cost/benefit analysis for various design alternatives.
- Evaluate, implement and monitor processes and operating systems for the manufacture of products.
- Review and comment on technical specifications on projects to ensure efficiencies within facility.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in engineering or another technical field required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in a related field required.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- Knowledge in process engineering with experience in aseptic operations (Tetra) preferred.
- Dairy or food experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD, OSI Pi, and Maximo preferred.
What we offer you:
- Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus#39; and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement