TITLE: Senior Engineer
LOCATION: Bridgewater, NJ
REPORTS TO: Senior Engineering Associate, Process Technology Group
Ingredion is hiring a Senior Engineer in our Process Technology Group responsible for supporting process research and commercialization of technologies that enable new product development or support Ingredion#39;s sustainability agenda. The Senior Engineer will be leading or supporting projects across multiple growth platforms.
As Senior Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Performing lab and pilot plant experiments to support New Product Development or Process Innovation projects
- Driving investigation into new process technologies
- Making recommendations for commercializing new technologies supported by experimental data
- Scanning open literature for emerging technologies related to the field
- Collaborating effectively with manufacturing personnel and cross-functional teams to commercialize new products/processes, as well as troubleshoot and optimize processes
- Leading scale-up trials at manufacturing locations
- Preparing & maintaining updated task level project plans. Actively participating in project team meetings, and providing status updates including project plans & milestones
- Writing reports and effectively communicating results to the project team and partners
- Analyzing production data to identify root cause for process failure
- Operating laboratory equipment safely and with little direct supervision to support project needs
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment. Following guidelines set-out for good housekeeping, GMPs, and safety
The Senior Engineer position is well-suited for you if you are:
- A team player who can adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Ambitious, driven and a creative problem solver
- Able to work with leadership of business units, R&D, Technical Service, Manufacturing, and Regulatory groups to drive delivery on projects
Qualified candidates will have:
- MS/BS with 2 to 5+ years of relevant experience in Chemical, Biochemical or Food Engineering. Would also consider Biochemistry with experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Expertise with processing hygroscopic and/or other "challenging to dry" materials is highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous projects independently
- Flexibility to balance and handle both long-term development projects and short-term problem solving needs
- Critical analytical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Strong computer and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to constructively interact with colleagues from a wide variety of roles within the company
- Willingness for overnight travel (25-30%)
Grade: FWe are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula. Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance. Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business. Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
Yes, Within Region