Pearl River Pastry, known in the market as Abe’s Vegan Muffins, is looking for a Senior Plant Manager to oversee its West Nyack and Middletown, New York baking facilities. This is the senior operating position in the Company. Reports directly to owners.
Primary responsibility: Manage workforce of approximately one hundred and seventy-five while meeting production, quality, safety, and process improvement goals. Direct reports include four shift supervisors, warehouse manager, maintenance manager, R&D, and Quality Assurance manager.
- Conflict Resolution
- Employee Training and Evaluation
- Statistical Analytical Control
- Meeting Production Schedules
- Ensure quality and safety standards are tracked, adhered to, and met.
- Monitor and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Production paperwork and Process documentation.
- Recommend and execute measures to improve production methods, processes, equipment performance, safety standards and product quality.
Qualifications: Proven Leadership experience in food manufacturing.
Minimum Educational Level: Completion of four-year college level degree.
Knowledge of JIT, TQM, Lean Manufacturing, TOC.
Industrial or Mechanical Engineering a plus.
Proficiency in Spanish a plus.