Senior Buyer (Packaging)
The Senior Buyer takes a lead role in the purchasing and procurement of all packaging materials needed to manufacture and produce all Torn Ranch products. They also assist with the oversight of logistics and supplier quality as well as lead other projects related to inventory and storage of materials, cycle counts, etc. Must be energetic, detail oriented, tenacious and be able to establish advantageous relationships with suppliers while securing the best possible deal for the company.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Procurement of packaging materials, , components, supplies, and services.
- Sourcing of new suppliers.
- Negotiations with new and existing suppliers.
- Management of our vendor performance program.
- Taking ownership for cost, on time delivery, and quality.
- Ensuring inventory accuracy
Skills and Qualifications:
Education: BA/BS degree desired or equivalent experience
Experience: 5 plus years of purchasing experience including experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Basic knowledge of supplier markets.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- International Sourcing Experience preferred
- Experience using a MRP system.
- Experience with Outlook and Word
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
During the course of the day, the employee may be required to lift up to 50 lbs. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk during the day. Continuously uses arms, hands, to lift and manipulate objects, boxes. Occasionally bends at the waist and reaches above head, as well as twists, stoops, or crawls.
The employee may be exposed to the following conditions: Wet, dry, hot, cold and or humid conditions, moving parts, heights, fumes and airborne particles, outside weather conditions and extreme cold. The noise level is moderate. The employee must have the ability to work with milk, eggs, tree nuts, wheat, chocolate, peanuts and soybean products in addition to many other ingredients and allergens.
Reports To: Operations Director