Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Senior Network Security Engineer position drives the evolution of the network security portfolio of services and will be responsible for full oversight and transforming of security infrastructure at Campbell#39;s into a modernized standard in line with Campbell#39;s digital transformation roadmap.
In this role, you will direct, support, and develop next-gen firewall, software-defined perimeter, micro-segmentation, IPS, VPN and other security platforms to ensure they are delivered with reliability and resiliency. In addition, the job will have principal accountability of designing, architecting, and delivering of enhanced security features and upgrades, maintenance, and monitoring to ensure quality, administration, and support in partnership with Managed Service Providers (MSP)#39;s.
As a Senior Network Security Engineer, you will be expected to build an overarching network security framework across enterprise, manufacturing, and public cloud environments. Additionally, you will be expected to lead requirements gathering and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and 24x7 operations.
Essential responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Network Security Strategy and Architecture – 40%
The Senior Network Security Engineer is responsible for the development and evolution of network security architecture and strategy, both as it relates to the company#39;s enterprise needs (office, manufacturing) and to products and services of technology partners and service providers.
- Lead global network security technology requirements, architectural infrastructure, and blueprint delivery on emerging and proposed technologies across the enterprise including micro segmentation, zero-trust, SDN, and software-defined perimeters.
- Adopt industry best practices and technologies to architect security infrastructure and services that appropriately introduce business value driven technology solutions into the Campbell#39;s IT service portfolio.
- Monitor current and emerging security infrastructure trends, technology and information that will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates emerging technological trends to new and existing architecture.
- Analyze network security service standards and frameworks appropriate to each of the multiple business environments with Campbell#39;s including Office and Manufacturing. Define and communicate how the security architecture will effectively address business requirements and implement solutions that deliver cost effective services.
- Partner with internal teams including Information Security, Workplace Technology, Cloud & non-cloud infrastructure teams as well as third parties to identify architectural enhancements to existing security solutions and ensure that future technologies will be effective given resource constraints, changes in business direction, changes to other systems in the environment.
- Analyze and recommend contemporary and emerging technologies and act as an expert liaison with all stakeholders providing network security solution engineering. Lead global network security technology requirements, infrastructure, and service delivery on emerging and proposed technologies across the enterprise.
- Heavy interaction and management of third-party partners, vendors, and carriers to ensure proper solution design, and resolve issues to meet project delivery timeline and operation SLA.
- Partnership with Information Security team, network architects, MSP#39;s and stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of network security infrastructure services.
- Define, implement, and maintain standard configuration templates, performance reports, topology diagrams, and documentation as required. Identify process improvements to streamline and improve overall delivery of network security platforms.
- Design, implement, and operationalize our enterprise, datacenter, and cloud network security in support of the Global Network Services organization#39;s project portfolio and technology roadmap.
- Provide technical support across the network security fabric and supporting technology teams.
- Analyze enterprise network security standards and frameworks appropriate to each of the multiple business environments with Campbell#39;s including Office and Manufacturing. Define and communicate how the network security design will effectively address business requirements and implement solutions that deliver cost effective services.
Service Delivery and Tier 3 Support – 60%
As a subject matter expert, the Senior Network Security Engineer will be expected to partner with the Workforce Technology, Network, and Security organizations to understand both the business and technology requirements and provide SME level troubleshooting as a Tier 3 support resource.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns and IT practices for large scale projects across the enterprise.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in the area of network security technologies (FW, IPS, VPN, Proxy Servers), built on a solid network engineering background in LAN/WAN/WLAN.
- Lead the Service Delivery around all network security platforms with all MSP#39;s and provide rotational on-call tier 3 support for Incident Management.
- Lead and facilitate the evaluation and selection of security technologies and product standards, and the design of standard configurations/implementation.
- Create performance metrics and KPI#39;s to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance with MSP.
- Partner with vendors and third parties including the Managed Service Provider to identify architectural enhancements.
- Ensure solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule.
- Responsible for Total Cost of Ownership including forecasting and management of the security infrastructure budget.
- Develop reference network security architectures (including requirements, design patterns, and other artifacts) for use throughout the company, technology partners and third-party service providers (MSP).
- Applies new and innovative ideas to old or new problems. Fosters environments that encourage innovation.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Evaluate new and emerging security infrastructure technologies for potential suitability in the company#39;s environment.
- Provide multi-tier support to all departments and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with vendors and third-party service providers to ensure appropriate support of all business activities.
- Exceptional communication skills with diverse audiences - Strong critical thinking and analytical skills in a complex technical and support environment.
We are looking for the following abilities and skills:
Minimum education required:
BA/BS Bachelor#39;s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline is required
Years of relevant experience:
10 years or more experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required
- 10+ Years of experience in network security field.
- Experience in manufacturing is beneficial.
- Demonstrated work experience in similar capacity as a senior security engineer/architect for large enterprise network driving transformation aligned with industry best practices and driving cohesion and standardization.
- Familiar with technology trends, examples include but not limited to software defined networking (SDN), BYOD, zero-trust, micro segmentation, cloud platforms, SaaS.
- Experience of advanced troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network security service incidents across platforms.
- 4+ years strong experience directly related to cloud networking (Azure, AWS), SDWAN, SDN.
- Sharp troubleshooting faculties, deductive reasoning, and careful attention to detail.
- Expert level experience in across Cisco and Aruba LAN/WLAN/WAN product lines.
- Expert level knowledge in various Security platforms including next-gen firewalls, end-point security, Fortinet, Palo Alto, ASA, NetScaler, Zscaler, Pulse Secure.
- Must have experience of networking features and protocols such as spanning tree, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, MPLS, H.323, QOS, VoIP, SIP, port security, DMVPN, Multicast, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP.
- Proven interpersonal and results driven leadership skills to communicate and work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Requires experience in engagement management and reporting including project planning, budgeting and tracking engagement progress and success.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to assemble, document, and present technical information to leadership.
- Ability to perform in a challenging, fast-paced technical and business environment.
- CCIE Security or equivalent certification preferred.
- Willingness to travel domestically 10-15%.