Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
Corbion#39;s Meat Research, Development and Application team develops functional ingredients which enhance shelf life, food safety, texture, flavor and overall performance of meat and alternative protein sources. What makes us special is that all our ingredient solutions are based on natural and sustainable resources. We closely work together with our customers in co-developing innovative solutions. We have multi-disciplinary approach towards innovation together with marketing and sales. This is how we contribute to reducing food waste and improving food safety.
The Senior Specialist Meat delivers, as part of multidisciplinary and cross-functional teams, innovation and customer application projects contributing to the ambitious Corbion Strategy of the Meat Business. Besides projects, he or she supports a number of internal stakeholders located worldwide; among others the Meat Industry Team, BDM, Sales, PM, as well as Customers.
As a Senior Specialist Meat Application at Corbion, your key responsibilities include, and are not limited to:
- Project Management and Delivery: Development and optimization of new and existing products from feasibility to implementation.
- Be part of, or lead the projects as assigned, set and agree plans with the relevant stakeholders, in order to deliver OTIF.
- Providing top quality technical support to customers in continuous alignment with Business Development and Sales Teams.
- Executing Application trials in order to provide the most suitable solutions.
- Coach technologists, technicians, and students/trainees with experimental work, interpretation of results and reporting.
- Maintain, grow and share insights, know-how and skills of the different functional ingredients into application, and translate them into the business.
- Support and collaborate with different internal stakeholders with information, development, execution and implementation, as well as external stakeholders in line with the strategy.
- Maintain and update the knowledge base on the different trials and experiments.
- Proactively propose new business opportunities for Corbion within the meat and meat analogues segments, and beyond.
- Keep yourself updated on the latest meat technologies, identify the relevant equipment, in order to keep upgrading the meat application lab.
- Contribute to identify opportunities for Intellectual Property.
You will be member of the Food RD&A team and subject matter expert in Meat, Meat Analogues, and related Functional Ingredients. You will report to the Application Manager.
- Bachelor or MSc degree or equivalent scientific level in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Engineering or similar. Any further education in the Meat field is a plus
- Extensive (minimum 10-year experience) in the R&D, Application, or similar role within companies specialized in the Meat segment.
- Excellent knowledge of Meat Technology and related Functional Ingredients.
- Working knowledge of innovation processes and project management, ideally working in a multi-functional project environment
- Familiar with complex and international environment, within a matrix organization.
- Fluent in English, any additional language is a plus
- Available to travel up to 25% of the time, mainly to customers, and also to exhibitions, events, and other Corbion locations, according to the business needs.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. What makes Corbion special is the way we consciously create that connection between the product of our work and our individual lives and use it to shape our choices and our priorities as a company. We have a great company made up of talented, dedicated people - people who share a purpose and a vision. When we all understand how we intend to get there in the same way, there#39;s no telling how far we can go. We offer you the chance to join a company with a:
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference
- International focus with truly diverse teams
- Unique possibility to be trained by our internal expertise in the world of biobased products
- We invest in relevant training courses related to your particular discipline, that will give you the opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- Lastly, we offer a friendly, informal culture in a demanding professional environment
In addition, we actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute toward our shared objectives and values. By joining Corbion, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. Our sustainable ingredient solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. With a worldwide network of production facilities, sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries, Corbion is known for quality, product innovation, and customer orientation, as well as for its collegial, informal and results-oriented company culture.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Job Segment: Medical, Engineer, Developer, Food Safety, Healthcare, Engineering, Technology, Quality, Research