Rich s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich s Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
It is the Senior Master Production Scheduler#39;s responsibility to optimize company investments through the effective scheduling of manufacturing assets and the proper balancing of raw material and finished goods inventory investments. In addition to providing training and education on planning process to new associates, and support system and training activities across the manufacturing network.
Production planning and scheduling:
- Optimize working capital costs of raw materials, conversion, and finished goods while achieving desired customer service objectives in support of supply chain initiatives, S&OP Process and company profitability plans.
- Develop weekly 4 -8 week production requirements for manufacturing operations with daily detail as required by production scheduling process.
- Conducts weekly scheduling meeting to review previous production performance and to gain plant alignment around future production requirements.
- Communicates Schedule changes, maintenance requirements, shut downs, and training needs that effect future production plans to corporate planning and logistics.
- Develop and communicate daily production plans to all departments and keeps staff informed of any changes or updates as needed.
- On call 24/7 to manage decisions regarding unplanned downtime and re-scheduling of plant production.
- Develop daily and weekly actual versus scheduled communication and performance reporting.
- Coordinates the initial production requirements for new products with QA and corporate R&D.
- Maintains standard cost data for all materials, and work with controller to as required.
- Analyzes and communicates inventory variances to Materials Manager, Controller, and Category Planning Manager in a timely fashion.
- Analyze and review manufacturing run sizes and communicate opportunities to improve the balance of cost and service among raw materials, conversion, and finished good costs.
- Develop daily production plans that effectively manage labor and enable plant efficiency targets to be achieved.
Supervision of Materials Planning activities and support of plant and corporate initiatives:
- Participates in and supports Plant Management efforts for improvements to plant efficiency, labor management, and engagement.
- Maintains open communication and effective working relationships with all related plants and corporate departments: Accounting, QA, Production, Planning, Customer Service, etc.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all products manufactured by the plant and production processes utilized.
- Provides input and recommendations to Supply Network Planner for development and execution of the Supply Agreement Process.
- Maintain accurate supply planning master data for short and long term supply planning.
- Each position required to manage short term production planning process for 1 plant facility that averages $8 Million inventory investment and accounts for average of $50 Million in conversion cost.
- Procures and manages inventory investment for assigned raw materials.
- Organizes and participates in functional user groups across manufacturing network.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Business or Logistics required.
- 7-10 years of manufacturing, planning and/or scheduling experience.
- Proficient in SAP- MRP, PP/DS and R3 modules.
- Statistical and spreadsheet analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Excel and Access.
- Logistical planning experience - 5-10 years of experience in a logistics function.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing, distribution, and customer service.
- APICS Certification required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Strong Service attitude.
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates ( Rich s ), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich s. Please contact Rich s Human Resources department at asc rich.comif you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.