WHO WE ARE
Baldwin Richardson Foods, Co. is a global manufacturer of custom food and beverage ingredients and one of the largest African-American family-owned and-operated businesses in the food industry. The Company has strong supply relationships with some of the world’s largest Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and Food Service customers. Iconic, global food brands entrust Baldwin Richardson Foods as their partner to deliver the highest quality products that exceed industry standards. The Company also manufactures and markets Mrs. Richardson’s Ice Cream Toppings and Nance’s Mustards and Condiments. Baldwin Richardson Foods has manufacturing locations in Macedon, NY and Williamson, NY; Corporate Offices in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and Food Innovation Center Westmont, IL. This role is in our Westmont, IL facility.
WHAT WE NEED
The Senior Marketing Manager will need to have the strategic ability to mine and identify distinctive and meaningful insights to help define business and brand strategy, product and commercial innovation, brand activation and overall business operations. This position will evaluate and analyze customer strategies, market trends and consumer data to grow the business, transform the customer experience, retain profitable customers and brands, as well as enhance the company’s reputation in the industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Brand Development – Lead execution of IBP process, commercialization, and budget planning for the brand portfolio. Demonstrate marketing leadership on strategic customer calls, including JBPs and business development. Liaison with cross-functional partners and broader organization on strategic enterprise activity.
- Brand Strategy – Active engagement in cross-functional Strategic planning. Oversee brand and control/private label go-to-market strategy driving growth via commercial and non-commercial channels.
- Marketing Activation – Manage tactical planning, execution, and performance assessment of Retail, e-Commerce and Foodservice brand marketing campaigns. Oversee key category campaigns, Mrs. Richardson’s, Nance’s, and sub-brands as developed.
- Branding Communications - Spearhead corporate branding strategy targeting internal and external stakeholders, develop tactical plans, and lead execution thru functions/agency partners.
- Project Team Management – Lead development and management of key initiatives: define project scope, identify & secure resource needs, budget planning, establish & track milestones/stage gates.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum education required: MBA
- Minimum 7-10 years of product/brand marketing experience
- Brand Marketing Strategy: Practiced experience of developing brand engagement through interaction vs consumer acquisition through the more traditional linear adoption process.
- Marketing Research Application: Ability to develop, design, conduct, and mine research for findings that generate actionable insights to advance the core marketing strategy and further grow the business.
- Marketing Concepts: Knowledge of and ability to imagine, develop and apply basic marketing concepts (e.g., brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT Analysis, competitive assessment, marketing objectives/strategies, consumer segmentation) used in the development of marketing plans.
- Trend Analysis: Knowledge of and ability to gather, interpret and apply multiple consumer/industry insights and trends used in the development of marketing strategies and programs.
- Brief Development: Ability to deeply frame problems utilizing data to draw insights and translate insight into briefs (e.g., positioning, packaging, branding, creative).
- Creative Concept Evaluation: Ability to evaluate concepts and executions against requirements of brief, strategic alignment, and consumer impact.
- Marketing Tools/Information: Knowledge of and ability to use marketing tools/information to identify and define consumer/marketplace opportunities.
- Sales Strategy/Execution: Ability to apply marketing strategies to sales management initiatives. Ability to draft compelling presentations, sell and engage with agencies, category managers, operators, and headquarter staff to sell in the plan.
- Retail Industry: Knowledge of the retail industry (e.g., retailers, competitors, trends, visual merchandising, general business environment) related to multiple channels of distribution (e.g., mass, supermarket, convenience, and specialty).
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office.
- Due to SQF regulations, all employees must be able to fluently read, write, and converse in the English language.