At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people#39;s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Are you looking to join a growing global leader, in a category experiencing explosive growth, and have a passion for driving rapid product innovation? Then Danone North America is the place for you!
This position is part of the Legal, Regulatory & Compliance Team, a shared service for Danone North America#39;s affiliates across their dairy, food & beverage, water, medical foods and specialized nutrition divisions. This position reports to the Deputy General Counsel, will work closely with both Marketing Counselors & Regulatory Compliance Specialists, and will provide counsel to teams across multiple businesses in the North American region.
This position will advise clients with respect to product development and the marketing, advertising & sales of our large portfolio of products. Ideal candidates would have a deep understanding of food law, including marketing law, food labeling, food safety, and production requirements for a variety of foods including CPG products, dietary supplements, bottled water, and infant formula. This will also entail, without limitation, responsibility for the drafting and negotiation of a range of transactional agreements in support of our marketing & brand functions.
Ideal candidates will possess a dedication to client service and work closely with the business and cross-functional teams. The ability to think quickly in complex and ever-changing situations and provide practical guidance to drive the business is required. This position will include the following scope:
- Review and provide counsel on all brand communications and advertising materials including, but not limited to, television advertising, print, digital/social media, in-store, coupons & packaging.
- Provide clear advice and practical solutions for compliance with labeling, advertising, manufacturing and safety regulations from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), U.S. Department of Agriculture, and Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Work closely with R&I, Nutrition Scientists, Compliance Managers and Brand Teams on cross-functional projects and product development and innovations, including but not limited to: review of formulations for compliance and claims support, and review of regulatory submissions on behalf of the company, such as pre-market notifications and licensing requests.
- Assist in the initiation and defense of challenges in the product and advertising claims arena involving competitors, FDA, FTC, the NAD, and State Attorneys Generals.
- Assist Quality and plant teams with legal questions arising from and during regulatory inspections and certification audits
- Review, draft and negotiate an array of contractual agreements including: consulting agreements, advertising and creative agency agreements, influencer agreements, product development agreements, licensing agreements, spokesperson agreements, sponsorship agreements, joint promotion agreements and design agreements.
- Juris Doctor Degree from a Top Tier Law School
- 7-12 Years of experience as counsel at a national law firm and/or in an in-house legal department
- Experience with FDA, FTC, the NAD and State Attorneys is preferred
- Related Experience in practicing law in the following areas: Advertising, FDA Regulations, Product Compliance
- An ability to identify and analyze complex legal issues and relate to a diverse client base; provide creative and clear counsel to the business to achieve company objectives; and successfully work in cross functional manner in an extremely fast paced environment
- Ability to draft and skillfully negotiate complex commercial agreements with partners and vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and "hands on" approach and mentality
- Basic Spanish and French are a plus
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices inWhite Plains, NYandBroomfield, CO.For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North Americais an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Regulatory Affairs, Law, Consulting, Drafting, Legal, Marketing, Technology, Engineering