JOB TITLE: SENIOR MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
FSLA STATUS: EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF INNOVATION
SunOpta Inc. is a leader in the plant-based foods and beverages, fruit-based foods and beverages, and organic ingredient sourcing industries.SunOpta is focused on sustainability and specializes in the sourcing, processing, and packaging of organic, conventional, non-GMO food products.
SunOpta is looking for talented individuals that demonstrate our most valued behaviors: Passion, Dedication, Speed, Entrepreneurship, Customer-Centricity, and Problem-Solver, to help create a brighter, healthier, and sustainable future of food!
SunOpta is looking for a highly driven, creative, and passionate Senior Marketing and Communications Specialist with deep experience in Media and Digital.This role is an individual contributor role that is responsible for developing and executing internal and external communications strategies that will promote and enhance SunOpta brand and culture.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Internal and External Communication Strategy & Execution:
- Develop communications strategies and identify content opportunities across all communication platforms and business units.
- Ongoing collaboration and communication with leadership and cross-functional teams to grow the SunOpta story for internal and external stakeholders.
- Craft timely, engaging and channel-specific internal and external communications, utilizing a variety of content formats (intranet content, digital signage, social media posts, press releases, media pitches, etc.)
- Leverage a variety of content formats to produce highly engaging multi-media content, including written, video, photography, and graphic design.
- Daily management of the intranet, enterprise digital signage, and monthly newsletters to ensure consistent communications to all employees, including content strategy, creation, management, and measurement.
- Lead the development and maintain the social media strategy and content creations on all social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram).
- Update and maintain corporate website with compelling, relevant information about the business.
- PR: Serve as a subject matter expert on media and communications within the company.
- Create content and pitch ideas, in collaboration with PR Agency
Internal and External Corporate Events:
- Manage Trade Shows, including: identify trade shows to participate in that strategically grow the business
- Coordinate and execute SunOpta#39;s presence at trade shows.
- Design and manage SunOpta booth
Personality attributes for this role are going to be hugely important. We need someone who:
- Is unapologetically curious about all aspects of the business and is extremely passionate for growing the business and increasing our visibility with internal and external stakeholders.
- Is a Public Relations guru, understanding what stories we are telling and why they matter to our investors and consumers!
- Is a newsmaker! - via PR, social media, internal news stories - this person wants to create news and share it via many communications channels to spread the word about SunOpta.
- Is comfortable pitching ideas and strategies to SunOpta leadership and building relationships across all teams within the organization.
- Gets their energy from meeting and talking with people - the more the better!
- Passion for sustainability and plant-based food and beverages.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in Marketing or Communications
- Minimum of 5 years of communications experience
- Experience with investor relations a plus
- CPG & Retail Food a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of the nuances between B2B and B2C, and how to develop strategies and content for both.
- Proficient in media planning and strategy.
- The ability to self-direct and self-prioritize multiple tracks of work.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Strong PR experience
- Social media expertise across all platforms
- Successful track record developing and launching social media campaigns.
- A proven track record for strategic corporate-wide communications program visioning, planning, execution, and measurement.
- Passion for and knowledge of organic and plant-based food and beverage industries.
- Proven understanding of communications channels and content development.
- Ability to partner cross-functionally and work with a wide range of stakeholders.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Corporate office environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER