General Position Description
The Senior Manager Customer Service is tasked with fostering a productive environment within a customer facing team. The manager will oversee the performance of a team of employees to ensure their team is keeping pace with service levels and demands. They are responsible for delivering a high-quality customer service experience. They organize and motivate support specialists, manage incoming order volume, and communicate customer behavioral trends to other departments. After hiring, managers ensure that new representatives are properly trained and are equipped with all the tools they need to be successful. They#39;re in charge of assigning required trainings and helping new hires adjust into their new roles.
Provide support and enhance the lines of communication to CSRs so they can best service the customer and PIM Brands organization every day. Goal is to improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth. Foster the team to take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution. Manage and develop 2 layers of organization A. Sales Support Service team that interfaces with our core accounts; high growth, high volume and high visibility, both internally and externally; B. Team of Customer Service Manager and Representatives and their Daily Order Management responsibility of our supplemental and non-traditional markets, and high value, legacy accounts.
- Maintain an organization of orderly files and informational/training documents on the server for easy reference
- Establish and maintain high performance levels across all CSRs, know when to step in with Sales Support leads
- Instill an attitude of customer advocacy, customer communication and engagement at the highest level. Launch a Customer Fulfillment (Customer Service Level %) and OTIF metric based programs for supply chain organization to improve/mitigate/manage.
- Continuous improvement in order management. Instill questions and review processes/practices and make recommendations accordingly.
- Assist with the development and implementation of service policies and explaining these to staff and customers. Comprehension of each customer supplier agreement and new adaptations to keep team posted on improved changes.
- Assess service statistics and prepare detailed reports on your findings.
- Stay informed on industry standards techniques and methods
- Support set up and implementation of new accounts with goal of Right, First Time mentality
- Prepare weekly recaps on order volumes, shipments and trends. Develop teams below to develop customer scorecards and KPIs per customer programs.
- Ability to interface at senior level effective communication to internal Sales Executive leadership and Customer clients
- Ability to work with supply chain x-function and logistics team to advance and mitigate fines/deductions with customer base. Year-over-Year improvements with financial metrics
- Flexible and mobile be able to interface with all departments; i.e. production, warehouse, marketing, and finance and keep the CSRs engaged in all areas
- Have strong organizational skills and attention to details, pass along training tips and keep CSRs knowledge base up to date
- Be able to listen effectively and communicate with directors and VPs about ongoing projects
- Maintain a sense control, and knowledge about the CSRs functions, and always manage employees attitude by putting forth a professional demeanor.
- Set goals for each team member and check progress
- Deal with employee issues
- Step in to assist with serious, consequential customer issues
- Remove roadblocks through technology when and where it is available. And where necessary, lead new use of technology for improvements
- Remove barriers and seek opportunities to better support and train the staff
- Focus on continuous improvement and keep current with product portfolio
- Lead on Walmart and other Mass accounts, Retail Link, etc.
- Monitor Data sync to ensure compliance
- Work in tandem with CS manager to document all processes in ERP system
- 10 years in Customer Service management leadership
- Effective Communication skills with senior level and customer interface
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications
- Have general knowledge of EDI systems.
- Have a general understanding of the business tools and terminology within the consumer products industry.
- Process improvement
- Manage processes, accuracy and highly detailed
- Data analysis
- Critical thinking problem solving skills
- Confidence in own judgment and ability to make good decisions
- Be able to explain policies and procedures while researching and assembling information from a variety of internal sources in order to assist in responding to inquiries from established and new potential customers.
- Have investigative skills and be able to follow-through on commitments to customers and brokers as well.
- Possess, maintain and set high standards and strong professionalism
- Support improvements