Location: Seattle, WA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Senior Formulator, Product Development. Very top team, culture, products, and career opportunity!
Top global lifestyle supplement client 30+ years in business driven by a scientific concept: How the right nutrition can help people realize their best health possible. They carefully monitor all products to assure purity and safety, from formulation and ingredient selection all the way to the final product. They offer educational support for health care professionals keeping them in touch with the latest research and nutritional approaches to help manage today’s most common illnesses. They are dedicated to helping people live a happier, healthier life by realizing their genetic potential.
- The Product Development Senior Formulator is responsible for all aspects of the technical product and process development from benchtop to commercialization of all dosage forms (foods, medical foods and dietary supplements) to achieve NPD (New Product Development) and reformulation goals.
- The PD Senior Formulator is expected to effectively utilize best practices and procedures in product and process development.
- Explores and conducts research in relevant technologies to innovate dietary supplements, medical foods, foods for consumer needs.
- Independently provides effective and functional technical support for all dosage form development.
- Effectively interfaces with Nutrition Science, Quality, Manufacturing, Marketing and other cross-functional disciplines to accomplish project goals.
- The PD Sr. Formulator is expected to gain knowledge and insights about the customer feedback loops and effectively utilize these in advancing product and process development & commercialization.
- Exemplifies good business acumen and utilizes agile principles in product and process development. A good steward of company resources.
- Conducts well-designed experiments. Interprets results, summarizes and presents relevant findings to the appropriate technical groups both internally and externally.
- Develops prototypes to demonstrate application of new technologies and develop related intellectual properties.
- Maintains awareness of current research and developments in the functional discipline. Develops a network of outside contacts such as vendors, consultants, educators and appropriate continuing education courses.
- Interfaces with other operating units within and outside the department. Presents & champions ideas and suggestions for new products and/or process improvements.
- Identifies, champions and advances manufacturing improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for coordination and execution of benchtop, pilot, manufacturing scale-up and verification batches. Provides technical and scientific input, support and assistance to other technical disciplines.
- Maintains accurate records of all development projects. Prepares technical documents relevant to area of responsibility such as Job Aids, SOP’s, raw material and finished product specifications, lab book and technology transfer documentations.
- Prepares stability, tasting, consumer, and clinical study samples. Prepares, reviews and/or approves stability protocols. Monitors, evaluates and summarizes the results of stability studies.
- Interfaces with Sourcing/Procurement and Quality to identify raw materials and appropriately qualify these for development and commercialization.
- Perform additional projects as assigned or required by the organization, as developed through Agile squads and/or to support the execution of the Product Development or Enterprise Backlog.
What you#39;ll need:
Education: Requires a four-degree college or university degree or its equivalent in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Food Science, Nutrition Science or related filed. Master or PhD degree is preferred.
Experience: Bachelor’s degree requires a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in product development in Food, Confectionary, Cosmetics or Nutraceutical industries. Master’s degree requires a minimum of 2 years of experience in product development in Food, Confectionary, Cosmetics or Nutraceutical industries. PhD degree requires a minimum of 0-1 year of experience in product development in Food, Confectionary, Cosmetics or Nutraceutical industries.
- Strong research capability
- Deep technical product development knowledge
- Proficient in oral and written communication skills as well as effective organizational skills.
- Ability to make presentations and recommendations in the area of responsibility Ability to communicate and influence effectively in a cross-functional environment especially with Operations to establish a strong rapport with them.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Competency in understanding and interpreting scientific and technical literature and able to report findings in application-oriented reports and presentations.
- Knowledge of Agile Processes and Tools Preferred
- Excellent business acumen
- A good steward of company resources.
- Able to work independently and react quickly to changing priorities with a consistent sense of urgency
Immediate interviews and hire! Please send qualified resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org