We are KIK! We create the products and brands that people trust to clean, sanitize, and protect their homes, pools and cars. We are one of North America#39;s largest independent consumer product manufacturers with 20 North American manufacturing facilities. We also operate globally in Europe, Asia, UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. We are known by our portfolio of over 40 brands including Spic and Span® , Comet®, Clorox® Pool&Spa™ (under license), BioGuard®, Natural Chemistry®, Prestone® and Holts®. We are also the ##1 producer in North America for store-brand ("private label") bleach and a leading private label provider of laundry detergent and additives, dishwashing products, general purpose cleaning and other home care products . Our global team of over 2,500 employees drive our capabilities in product development, product formulation, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, packaging design, brand marketing, project management, quality assurance, compliance, distribution and logistics.
Our organization is constantly evolving and is driven by a set of "One KIK" values - a dedication to following through on commitments in a customer-focused, profit-motivated way; while never compromising on safety, ethics or integrity.
This posting is for Senior Formulation Chemist in our Household Division, which specializes in developing private label and branded products in various Home Care categories (such as cleaners, bleach, fabric and air care, dish and laundry) with specialization in aerosol development.
Essential Job Functions
- Under minimal supervision formulate a wide range of Household products (including aerosol, liquid, powder formulations) utilizing technical expertise and creative insight.
- Manage multiple product development projects simultaneously.
- As a part of new product development, prepare laboratory batches, product samples and 3 rd party testing for customers and assist with scale-up of formulations.
- Manage and perform any testing and field trials required to document new product efficacy and claim substantiation.
- Monitor quality and conformity of formulas by working closely with Regulatory teams and vendors.
- Perform the statistical analysis of data generated in product development laboratory and in the field and provide clear communication to stakeholders.
- Proactively identify formulation risks and propose solutions during development.
- Validate the performance of existing products and raw materials.
- Provide technical support to Marketing, Sales and Manufacturing.
- Support scale-up activities at the production plants.
- B.S. Chemistry / Biology or other hard science.
- Advanced Degree preferred but not required.
- 5 or more years#39; experience formulating Household products or Consumer-Packaged Goods (liquids, powder formulations, aerosols; for dish, detergents, laundry, cleaners or personal care products). Direct hands-on formulation experience with any of these types of products is a must.
- Significant experience formulating aerosol products with hands-on knowledge of all aerosol product components.
- Experience managing research projects on their own, developing a product from conception to market in Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) space with minimal guidance.
- Diligent maintenance of laboratory notebooks, data collection and working with spreadsheets.
- Experience at Data Interpretation, Design of Experiment and Project Presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a research project from ideation to commercialization including project updates to management.
- Experience supervising/mentoring chemists and technicians, who may, at times, assist in the execution of bench and field operations.
- Self-starter with good housekeeping habits, who understands and respects strict GLP and/or GMP regulations.
- Innovative professional who knows how to improvise and improve formulations while protecting company IP using thorough documentation procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate products for various cost tiers, ranging from value to premium.
- Experience creating EPA/FDA registered formulations is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple development projects simultaneously, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivating, working independently.
- Experience formulating and meeting regulations, such as EPA or FDA.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK#39;s retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, age, religion, sex, or national origin.