SENIOR FOOD SCIENTIST-Richmond, CA
AAK USA Inc. an International Sustainability Award Leader, is a global leader with over 100 years of history in producing and selling value-adding vegetable oil solutions for food and non-food applications. Our products go into food market sectors such as Plant Based Foods. bakery, dairy, confectionary, and infant nutrition, and our non-food applications include fats and oils for use in personal care products, candles, animal feed, and much mor e. AAK has industry leading products, services and technologies that enable our customers to succeed. We have a proven track record of working side by side with our customers to create solutions that work. Please visit our website at www.aak.com
At AAK we make “Better Careers Happen!”.
We are currently seeking a Senior Food Scientist for our Richmond, CA R&D Center. This hands-on position will support all activities of the Customer Innovation department and be responsible for working with the R&D of fats and oil.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages customer-driven as well as self-directed product development projects for fats and oils-based solutions in Plant-based Foods
- Formulates new Plant-based food prototypes using specialty fats and oils
- Leads formulation and process development, interpret results and prepare experimental reports
- Performs fats and oils experiments in a laboratory setting, and assists in the formulation and process development of fats and oils-based solutions
- Prepares customized samples of fats and oils, developed as customer solutions
- Leads, conducts, and oversees pilot and plant trials
- Writes and approves SOPs and product specifications
- Initiates and manages small scale research projects.
- Provides product, application and technical support to internal and external customers
- Interfaces with sales, marketing and operations to accomplish business segment goals
- Some travel will be required
- BA/BS degree in Food Science, Chemistry or a related field
- 5+ years of experience with an emphasis on formulating
- Ability to work with pilot-scale processing equipment
- Strong project management skills and adequate business acumen
- Team oriented and capable of working independently
- Good communication skills are a must for interaction with customers and functioning in a team environment
- Good laboratory skills and experience with analytical equipment/methods
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™