Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst, Sales Finance
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Toronto HQ
For us, for family!
We know the importance that food plays in people's lives the power it has to bring people, families and communities together. Our purpose is to bring enjoyment to people s lives through great tasting food, in a way that reflects our values.
Our Senior Financial Analyst is a key player within the North American Sales Finance team, supporting and partnering with the Sales and Marketing teams to profitably grow the businesses. The primary responsibility is to bring financial leadership to create joint value creation with our customers through best-in-class analysis and controls. It includes: identifying pricing opportunities, cash improvement initiatives and trade spend management in order to maximize profitability. In addition, this role will contribute to improve our internal systems and processes to maintain high controls and improve decision making supporting tools. The position will own a base of customers and their profitability to liaison with sales leads. In addition, the team consists of financial analysts as well that will need guidance for project and customer based activities which our senior financial analysts help guide and facilitate. This role can be in Oakbrook Terrace IL or Toronto, ON.
How You ll Add Value:
- Act as primary financial business partner to Sales, Marketing, and Commercial teams while supporting: Customer and Product profitability;;Sales and trade analysis;Cost of Goods/Freight analysis
- Contribute to improve sales forecast and timely proposing actions to mitigate trade related risks and maximize opportunities.
- Drives research and analysis of key brand drivers, trends and performance indicators.
- Review financial information/reporting to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for business-critical decision making.
- Remain current on market conditions and market pricing on competing product categories and develop recommendations to changes in business or product category pricing strategy.
- Improve controls in the area of trade fund management. Enable Sales teams to effectively manage trade budgets and maximize performance behind spending.
- Build strong working relationships with business partners across the organization.
- Work on other assigned priorities and contribute to organization development for the NA finance organization in support of our NA business.
- University degree in Business or Finance an asset would be and MBA or Accounting Designation
- 3-5 years experience with finance, trade fund management, preferably in the consumer product goods organization.
- Strong results and action oriented (initiative)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
- Natural collaboration skills
- Strong understanding of accounting and finance practices
- This role is highly dependent on the ability of the candidate to effectively communicate with Sales teams; while implementing controls and guardrails around trade spend management.
- Ability to work effectively with many functions, primarily; Sales, Sales Strategy and within Finance.
The health and safety of McCain employees and their families has been our number one priority since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Supported by science, and in line with our culture and values, we believe that being vaccinated is the most effective way to protect each other, our families, our customers, and our communities. It is therefore a requirement that the successful candidate for this role be fully vaccinated and have completed the mandatory incubation period prior to the candidate s start date with McCain, subject to reasonable accommodations if you are unable to be vaccinated for protected grounds under applicable human rights legislation (e.g. medical or religious reasons).
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Department: Financial Planning and Analysis NA
Location(s): CA - Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Company:McCain Foods (Canada)