Senior Financial Analyst
Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Dairy Done Right.” As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food, because everyone deserves better.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce. At Tillamook, we believe that inclusion and diversity are central to our cultural strategy. In order to achieve our growth ambition and compete and win in the marketplace, we believe we make better decisions and build stronger teams when we invite and rely on diverse perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures into our work and to fuel our innovation and growth. To us this means creating a climate of inclusion where all employees feel valued and a sense of belonging. We believe this will make us a better consumer brand and employer.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
What you will do:
The Senior Financial Analyst is a key member of the Finance Team and must handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment with some direct interaction with Senior Management. This role will assess the financial impact of key business decision and alternatives by developing a variety of analytical models to create significant insight into the strategic opportunities and challenges, aimed at improving the financial performance of the company.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for profitability and strategic opportunity analysis which includes but not limited to: Product Line Analysis, Trade Spending, and supports the large inflow of new financial analysis projects including some month-end closing duties, so good GAAP and accounting theory skills are necessary. The SFA will also play a critical role in annual budgeting and forecasting builds and analysis. This role will work closely with the Category Management team and the Sales team to develop an optimized product and pricing portfolio with strategies with a key category. They will have a business partner within the Cost Accounting group that they are expected to collaborate with regularly.
Here’s a day in the life:
- Responsible for evaluating current financial performance in several key areas, including a key category
- Review Gross Margins versus budgets and forecasts and provide analysis of variances
- Review Selling, Marketing, General and Administrative, Human Resources, and IT Expenses versus budget and forecast
- Perform some month end closing duties including account reconciliations
- Participates in cross-functional teams and provide financial analysis to evaluate investments and process changes
- Reviews economic return for capital project requests
- Evaluates the incremental net income as a result of marketing and trade expenditures
- Collaborates with supply chain to evaluate current logistics costs and evaluate proposals to minimize costs and to better serve customers
- Reviews economics of SKU mix for various product lines and recommend changes
- Evaluates options for maximizing return for excess products and inventory items with special quality grading
- Provides economic ROI/NPV/payback analysis for proposed product changes, including packaging changes, product line extensions, product category extensions, and new products
- Cross train with other Analysts to provide back up
- Provides analysis for manufacturing quantity and cost variances versus budget and forecasts
- Understands BOM structure; able to review BOMS for integrity
- Reviews manufacturing standards
- Owns the development and analysis of the annual key category budget
- Provides inputs to the Manager of FP&A in preparing monthly forecasts and annual budget presentations
- Supports Monthly Forecasts by providing key inputs to expected changes in category Margins
- Supports cross functional teams with the preparation of their annual budgets
- Determines proper allocation methodologies for corporate department
- Act as a team player with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees within all levels of the organization
- Communicate effectively
- Utilize a computer with advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office applications, including exceptional knowledge of Excel
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines, produce accurate reports and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration with an emphasis on accounting/finance is required
- MBA is a plus
- 5-7 years of experience in profitability, trade and pricing analysis is required
- 5 years of Consumer Packaged Goods experience is preferred; Food & Beverage experience is a plus
- 3 years of experience working with and evaluating IRI data or Nielsen data analysis is preferred
- ERP and systems experience is required
Industry leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace. EEO/AA