Overview & Responsibilities
Finance is a strategic business partner at General Mills, leading the creation of strategies that drive shareholder value and stewarding strong fiduciary responsibility. Finance is integrated in all aspects of the General Mills business, and Finance leaders have the unique opportunity to build a career focused on either a technical, accounting-focused path or a broad, generalist finance path.
WHAT YOU#39;LL BE DOING:
As part of our Senior Financial Analyst program within General Mills, you#39;ll have the opportunity to lead, influence and achieve with one of the world#39;s most recognized companies and while working with some of the world#39;s most popular brands. This could be your opportunity to take a role that requires a high level of skill and expertise and allows you to develop and take on higher levels of responsibility.
The Senior Financial Analyst role focuses on providing business analysis and insights and process leadership across key areas such as business decision support, planning & forecasting and business performance & reporting. You won#39;t get bored or stagnant! Over the course of your career you will have the opportunity to gain cross-functional exposure by rotating to various areas of the business including the operating units, supply chain/operations, sales organization, and corporate finance.
Senior Financial Analysts are typically based at General Mills#39; World Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN and opportunities for strong performers may exist to rotate to field locations throughout the United States.
IS THIS YOU?
- ANALYTICAL: You pull insights out of data and can identify the root of problems. You love understanding the why and how.
- TEAM PLAYER: You believe the best results come from working together as a team.
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATOR: You communicate actions and updates clearly across all channels (Email, presentations, in person, phone, etc.)
- SELF-STARTER: You take initiative and have the ability to work independently.
- INFLUENCER: You have the ability to work with different stakeholders and gain their buy in through leveraging your business knowledge, leadership and motivational skills.
- INTELLECTUALLY CURIOUS: You ask the right questions to understand your business. You tend to draw out the best ideas from those around you. You#39;re constantly striving to grow and learn and value a good idea regardless of its source.
- COLLEGE GRADUATE: You have a BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- FINANCE PROFESSIONAL: You have minimum of 4 years#39; working experience.