IL Oak Brook
Job Posting Title:
Senior Engineer - Supply Chain
The Senior Engineer is responsible for all production equipment, services and facility equipment and infrastructure. The role manages programs and KPIs, along with budget targets on a weekly, monthly and annual basis. This includes the creation and execution of preventative, predictive and continuous improvement programs, and equipment monitoring and repairs. The Senior Engineer will also manage spare parts, equipment inventories, and third party service contractors.
- Manage preventative and predictive repair programs driven from manufacturer#39;s specifications.
- Established pre-set inspection, service check-lists, works orders and repair schedules.
- Ensures that repairs are carried out in a cost efficient and timely manner, maximizing production capabilities and meeting all health and safety requirements.
- Maintain accurate, up to date service records and technical logs for each major piece of equipment.
- Create and maintain contracts for all equipment and machine repairs not performed in house.
- As required provides floor level support to detect, evaluate, or resolve any malfunction or issue with production equipment.
- Identify, lead, implement, and execute against the facility Maintenance & Reliability Continuous Improvement Plan.
- Maintain facility/production line conditions in order to meet established GMPs/HAACP, Food Safety Regulations, and Aseptic processes. Establish and maintain departmental SOPs to meet this goal. Ensure processes meet or exceed government requirements under FDA, OSHA, GMP, EPA, etc.
- Proactively improves technical processes and standards as appropriate.
- Develop and implement technical training programs geared to enhance Service Technician competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list of all tasks. Additional tasks and duties may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business needs
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA - Engineering
- Strong knowledge of electronics, controls, hydraulics, mechanical and electrical components found in food manufacturing machinery as well as proper safety standards for food production equipment.
- Strong PLC programming
- Knowledge of PIMS (Parts Inventory Management System)
- Demonstrated hands on experience with installation, technical and repairs of manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Demonstrated problem solving, leadership, and analytical skills.
- Experience in creating, executing, and monitoring manufacturing technical standards and procedures.
- Previous experience with instilling and executing plant safety programs.
- Experience using Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet)
- Demonstrated competency in the following:
- Time Management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to lead individually, in small groups, or lead Kaizen events to identify Root Cause and Corrective Action to improvement equipment and line reliability.
- Ability to identify, create, lead, and train others in Continuous Improvement processes and tools as it relates to Reliability and Maintenance.
- Three to five years#39; experience in an engineering role within food manufacturing
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.