IL Oak Brook
Job Posting Title:
*Open to various locations
This position will be responsible for project development, design, application, management and implementation of capital projects. Projects will cover a diverse range both in scope and engineering discipline. Position is required to make decisions concerning plant layouts, equipment selections, project schedules and cost requirements. This position will also be responsible for managing outside engineering and construction management resources. Position will be responsible for developing and maintaining capital budgets for multiple locations. The individual must have a good working knowledge of technology employed in the food industry and understand how the application of the technologies impacts their projects and plants. Open to location.
- Develops and manages capital projects including equipment and facility upgrades, new product manufacturing, capacity expansion, manufacturing re-deployment, food safety technologies and distribution expansion.
- Originates concepts for new or improved production systems and/or facilities, automatic and computer control systems, processing and service equipment and material handling systems.
- Defines present and future production/service equipment and facility requirements based on existing sales volumes, projected short- and long-term sales forecasts and existing equipment/facilities capacities.
- Develops Business Case Screening scopes and estimates to give the business a directional view of a project and the robustness of the business case
- Develops project concepts into quantitative and qualitative proposals consisting of preliminary equipment specifications and layouts, utility services, control schematics, manpower requirements and viable alternatives.
- Develops detail specifications and layouts for equipment and facilities. Designs mechanical systems including piping, valves and controls. Designs electrical systems including power distribution, control wiring, computer applications and programs and emergency controls. Designs systems integration assuring required communications and interfacing of inter-related areas. Coordinates design work on portions of projects assigned to other engineers and/or outside engineering firms.
- Estimates and/or acquires detail costs associated with project completion and start-up. Estimates and/or acquires savings attributed to project completion and operation
- Obtains proposals for specified equipment and mechanical, electrical and installation work. Issues purchase orders and/or signs contracts for prescribed equipment and work.
- Coordinates and directs installation of equipment and services with equipment suppliers, service contractors, production and maintenance personnel.
- Responsible to ensure that all project planning, deliverables, reporting, and spending forecasts are managed accurately and that all projects are delivered within cost, schedule and performance success criteria.
- Performs and/or provides training for supervision, production and maintenance personnel on proper operating procedures, safety considerations and devices and preventive maintenance requirements.
- Provides technical support and maintenance assistance when required due to complexity of equipment or request from operations and/or maintenance personnel.
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list of all tasks. Additional tasks and duties may be assigned from time to time as necessitated by business needs
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor#39;s Degree Required: Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5-7 years of demonstrated successful performance within engineering project management.
- Experience with the food processing industry and sanitary design.
- Possess excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills along with problem solving and conflict management skills
- Proven ability in Microsoft products
- Formal project management training or certifications are positives
- Prefer exposure to mechanical systems, electrical control systems, process design, refrigeration systems, packaging and government regulations.
- PLC & HMI programming skills a plus but not required
- 25-50% Travel, depending on project execution obligations
- Ability to work in plant conditions: noise, heat, exposure to moving parts, fumes, etc.
Bachelor#39;s Degree Required - Type: Engineering
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.