Department: Product Strategic Management
Exempt Status: Exempt
At Glanbia Nutritionals Inc., our portfolio centers around dairy and non-dairy nutritional ingredients. We co-innovate and deliver ingredient solutions and precision premixes for use in the mainstream food and beverage, infant and clinical, and functional nutrition markets. We are the number one provider of whey-based nutritional ingredients globally and the number one producer of American-style cheddar cheese. Our protein systems have transformed the bar and beverage categories bringing increased levels of protein, cleaner labels and greater product functionality to market. We have a direct presence in 21 countries, with manufacturing facilities in the US, Germany and China, and international sales and technical offices around the world.
The Sr. Director Product Strategic Management is a dynamic leader driving the ambition of the business to grow to $30-40 million by 2027, in this key strategic growth area for Glanbia. P&L lead for key business within Glanbia s Film offering. Incumbent will support short term and long term innovation activities for product strategies involving Film offering globally within Americas, EU, LATAM and AsPac. This includes managing the technology aspect of products throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer technical and regulatory requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with Sales, Procurement, Operations, Marketing, Insight, Regulatory, Quality and R&D to deliver winning products. Running stage gate development programs, driving through highly complex decision trees to deliver innovation and growth. Participate in ideation, new ingredient and technology evaluation and recommendation, and provide technical guidance internally and externally and follow through with technically sound resolution. Participate in the New Pipeline Innovation (NPI)/ Technologies process by helping identify, evaluate and launch new film products via the ROR/Stage-Gate Process. Manage and prioritize technical projects and lead technical presentations and discussions with customers with the ability to translate customer/market requirements, and clearly defined deliverables to meet business objectives. Directly and via team, support sales effort and drive projects to positive conclusion. Financially asses and prioritize opportunities.
- Champion and drive product portfolio to support established business goals.
- Act as liaison for internal customers (sales, finance, customer service, purchasing, marketing, operations, quality) for day-to-day product activities and technical questions, optimize asset utilization and prioritize.
- Define, implement and manage effective product strategies from a technical perspective to support day-to-day business and drive growth.
- Support sales in solution thinking and project selection
- Work with customers to get a clear understanding of Customer needs from a technical perspective and at business level.
- Develop network of partnerships for go to market strategy in adjacent categories such as healthy snacking.
- Pitch concepts for innovation and management of ideation processes with the customers.
- IP patent reviews and strategy with R&D team
- Legal contract language review and negotiations with support of the Legal team.
- Development of training decks with the support of Marketing.
- Provide training to the Commercial team as well as other stake holders
- Identify development needs and provide support for improvements.
- Develop value pricing approach, providing appropriate data to support these pricing strategies
- Quality take the lead with challenging customer situations with the support of Quality.
- Analyze and understand competitive landscape, market trends and dynamics to provide recommendation based on analysis to support growth
- Support the New Pipeline Innovation (NPI)/ Technologies process
- Manage project portfolio with eye on resource and mid / longer-term growth.
- Integrate new ingredients into portfolio and support launch process
- Build sound business cases for CAPEX and OPEX needs
- Build and continue to refine value story as part of go-to-market strategy.
- Lead multi-functional teams to drive projects to commercialization and sales.
- Business travel required in US and Intemational
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Strong leadership and persuasive skills in managing development projects through the organization, i.e. cross-functional teams.
- Evidence of timely results.
- Ability to establish priorities and maintain multiple priorities and tasks at one time.
- Well-developed organizational and inter personal skills. A self-starter and self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and influence on the organization.
- Strong desire and ability to work in fast paced deadline orientated environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment by identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Proven ability choosing appropriate course of action while considering related costs and benefits.
- Must be able to perform and communicate cross-functionally.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include overtime and weekends when needed.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- MBA Preferred, BS/BA in related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years Product Management or equivalent experience in the food industry.
- Must be results-focused and oriented toward the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- Must have demonstrably strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), including the ability to persuade others.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel with the utmost professionalism.
- Ability to handle multiple, rapidly-changing and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while remaining productive at all times.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess team-based problem solving skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and get results by influencing others.
- Must be a strategic thinker that can translate ideas into successful outcomes.
Language, Computer & Numeracy:
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint a plus. SAP experience helpful.
- Ability to stay positive and calm in difficult and/or trying circumstances.
- Independent, proactive, extremely detail-oriented, dependable, organized and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Periodic domestic and international travel required up to 30%.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
Are you someone who likes to make it happen, make it better and make it fun? If so, our company offers you an excellent opportunity to do really interesting work and develop a career in a dynamic and innovative environment that is all about making you and our business successful.