The work of our Sourcing and technical team begins with you! Our procurement team develops strategies for sourcing and acquiring raw materials, ingredients, supplies, equipment and services for use in operations.
Senior Director, Procurement
Founded in 1945 by the Stayer family, Wisconsin-based Johnsonville has grown from a small-town butcher shop to become the No. 1 national sausage brand. The Senior Director, Procurement plays an important role leading the team that sources and procures raw materials and ingredients to make Johnsonville s quality sausage products that are enjoyed around the world.
The Senior Director, Procurement is responsible for coaching the sourcing, co-manufacturing and Sustainable Swine Resources (SSR) teams. (SSR sells a wide range of harvest operations products including meat products, medical devices tissues, offal materials and pharmaceutical raw materials.) It is a great role for someone who has a passion for creating an environment that requires each of us to fully develop our God-given talents and help others do the same.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working for a growth-minded organization that prioritizes learning, personal accountability, excellence and teamwork. The position is also a member of Johnsonville s Strategy Team, which owns the long-term vision and strategy for company success and is chaired by the company CEO.
At Johnsonville you will:
- Experience the freedom of a privately held company, where you can make decisions, act quickly, and empower others
- Work for a company with strong financial and brand strength, as well as a willingness to invest in the future
- Use the business to create and provide new learning and career opportunities for your team members and yourself
- Establish and manage relationships at the highest level with Johnsonville s supplier partners.
- Continuously work toward building a high-performance Sourcing team, which includes: Livestock Procurement, Meat Procurement, Ingredients Procurement, Direct and Indirect Materials, Equipment and Services, Co-Manufacturing and Sustainable Swine Resources.
- Coach the team to develop their talents and master competencies required to create great relationships with partners that ensure long-term business and member success.
- Create sourcing strategies to deliver the lowest cost of ownership in various geographies.
- Manage the commodities forecasting process and advise business leaders of strategic risks and opportunities. (Our primary raw materials are sows and pork, but other proteins include beef, chicken and turkey.)
- Work with Supply Chain, R&D, Animal Welfare and Sustainability and business unit leaders (U.S. Retail, International, Foodservice) to develop and implement long-term strategies that meet business growth and profitability objectives.
- Act as an owner and steward of Johnsonville s product quality by ensuring that systems are in place to protect the Johnsonville brand and enhance customer and consumer satisfaction.
- Promote a culture of inclusiveness, teamwork and collaboration that allows the company culture (called the Johnsonville Way) to thrive and prosper throughout the organization.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business, Meat and Animal Science, Agricultural Economics or related field required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 12-15 years of procurement experience with at least 5 years leading a procurement team in the food industry.
- Experience in the pork processing industry from harvest through further processing required
- Intense level of curiosity, creativity, strategic thinking and drive for results
- Good understanding of raw material alternatives and total economics through processing and finished product
- Working knowledge of global commodity markets across all animal proteins
- Demonstrated personal growth and development throughout career
- Skilled at collaboration, teaching and transferring knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Skills and Competencies:
The following competencies will be critical for success at Johnsonville.
- Strong Business Acumen Negotiating skills and the ability to effectively build and manage trusting relationships with members and suppliers.
- Learning and Agility Skilled at managing multiple priorities with the flexibility to adjust as needed.
- Innovation and Risk-Taking Demonstrated ability to take risks to achieve results.
Date: August 5, 2021
Coach:VP Integrated Supply Chain
(We don t have bosses at Johnsonville. We have Coaches. They are there to help you develop your talents. They cannot make you run laps.)
Member Status: Full Time Salaried
(At Johnsonville, you are not an employee. You are a Member and, yes, Membership has its privileges like the ability to buy sausage at great discounts. Our more traditional benefits are great, too.)
Location: Global Sausage Headquarters, Sheboygan Falls, WI
(Our office is about an hour north of Milwaukee and an hour south of Green Bay)
Referral Bonus: Refer a new member and you re BOTH eligible for a $1,000 referral reward (paid out in increments over the new hire s first 6 months of service)!
External Candidates: Apply at https://jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.