JOB TITLE: Senior Director of Supply Chain
LOCATION: Madison, Wisconsin
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President of Operations and Supply Chain
This role is a highly visible and central role to the organization s success and requires a dynamic Supply Chain and People Leader. Additionally, the candidate needs a strong cross-functional collaboration mindset, experience in S&OP processes, and high engagement across the entire organization. The role directs the centralized Supply Chain Operations, including: MRP, production planning, logistics, 3rd party warehousing, distribution to customer, co-manufacturing, customer fulfillment, inventory control, and sourcing/purchasing of ingredients and packaging materials, selection of vendors, and overall supply chain analysis. Develops strategic plans to improve customer service, productivity, and efficiency of operations. This role has a path to grow laterally into other Sr. Director roles and or up in the succession plan for VP level roles in the organization.
At Foremost Farms, our purpose is to Bring Dairy to Life and our mission is to create value for our dairy farm families by partnering with our customers to deliver high quality, nutritious, safe, and sustainable milk products to the marketplace. As our values, we are one team, we work with integrity, as a Dairy Co-Op we are a force for good, and we take care of our world. This integral role is a key part of the leadership team on the journey of transformation across the end-to-end supply chain.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Embraces the Co-op s Mission, Values, and Purpose and builds a strong team and a winning culture.
- Develops people both technical and in their leadership and growth for engagement and career growth.
- Experience in Supply Chain redesign and optimization to improve service and cost structure of the business.
- Directing the activities of all functions involved in the purchasing, planning, warehousing, and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished product into finished goods inventory and/or delivery to customers.
- Managing inventory and establishing controls to ensure foremost Farms is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk.
- Developing strategies, policies, procedures, and overall team to optimize value of the entire function in creating operations excellence in all functions of the supply chain
- Maintaining compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Developing and continuously improving supplier programs and leading/supporting negotiations on major contracts.
- Participating in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches.
- Capability to quickly learn and leverage a recently deployed ERP system and optimizing its use.
- Developing and managing departmental budgets accordingly.
- Establishing annual goals and objectives, (including stretch targets) in coordination with corporate objectives, and managing performance to ensure attainment
- Overseeing monthly manufacturing supply planning process in and communicating supply plans, exception reports, and KPI s to appropriate resources.
- Overseeing the annual supply chain planning process to effectively integrate strategic and marketing plans, balance customer commitments, planned orders, material availability, system capacities and provides the information required for the annual profit plan.
- Working effectively across the organization to ensure successful execution of supply chain support on many integrated efforts and special projects / initiatives.
- Coordinating development of solutions to complex logistics support problems with other product support functions, customers, and suppliers.
- Developing and implementing logistics plans inclusive of supplier contracts, routing guidelines, problem resolution and cost containment.
- Other duties as assigned and regular and punctual attendance and physical presence in the workplace.
- Occasional travel for work, up to 33% of the time.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution
- Proven leadership skills in building and managing large teams with a history of world class success
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills are required
- Superior analytical skills for the preparation of product demand forecasts, financial profitability of product and inventory management issues
- Superior process improvement skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills
- Organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations to meet deadlines
- Ability to combine expertise in material flow management with outstanding knowledge of information and financial aspects of the business
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a Bachelor s degree in supply chain management or related field of study, knowledge related to the job and three to five years of job-related experience. Operational manufacturing experience on some level is highly recommended. The preferred education and experience are a graduate degree such as an MBA, or related field of study, mastery in multiple related fields and specific experience related to the job and five or more years of job-related experience. APICS Certification a plus. Experience with ERP systems at the enterprise level, Oracle/SAP preferred.
Because you and your family matter, Foremost Farms offers some of the best benefits in the area! Our comprehensive medical plan includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. You can choose to enroll in a single or family plan with low monthly premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/$500). Other benefits include:
- 401(k) with a generous company contribution (100% match on up to 8% deferral)
- Paid time off, starting at 200 hours (25 days)
- 10 Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave (6 weeks paid at 100%)
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care (childcare) expenses
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral program
- Advancement opportunities!
It is the policy of Foremost Farms USA to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Foremost Farms USA, headquartered in Baraboo, Wis.,is a world-class supplier of cheese, dairy products, and ingredients to national and international markets. As a dairy cooperative, we are owned by the 1,100 dairy farmers who supply our high-quality milk. Our flexible, diverse plant network allows us to manufacture products and ingredients that are most in-demand and provide a strong, secure market for our member-owners milk.
We re looking for employees who challenge the status quo, innovate and aim for excellence. Because we re working to be the world s best to Be Foremost we ll bring out the best in you.
Are you ready to Be Foremost?
Please apply at: www.foremostfarms.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Successful completion of pre-employment testing is required, which could include a drug test, physical, audiogram, background check, education check and credit check.