At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people#39;s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for aSenior Director Marketing - Premium Dairy BU in Broomfield.
The Senior Director of Marketing, Premium Dairy Business Unit, will lead and oversee the strategy development and implementation of the brand plans inclusive of communication and innovation for Danone North America#39;s Organic portfolio including our Horizon and Wallaby brands.
The individual will be accountable to deliver the brand#39;s growth and profit goals, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Marketing, Premium Dairy BU. This role has three direct reports, and eight total team members.
Key Position Deliverables:
- Development and execution of annual brand plans to meet sales and profit goals leveraging a cross functional team including Brand Communications, Innovation, R&I, Insights, Sales, Finance, Analytics, Media and Consumer Engagement, for our Horizon and Wallaby brands.
- Creation of longer-term vision for the brands, including a three-year strategic plan.
- Commercialization of Innovation inclusive of building launch plans, and then aligning those plans with the cross functional teams.
- Brand communication across advertising, social media and PR. Also, leads the packaging development across the portfolio.
- Monthly and annual business reviews across the portfolio, identifying key issues or opportunities.
- Ensure a strong team culture.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor#39;s degree required and MBA preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience, with increasing responsibility, and a proven track record of success in sizeable companies with +$1B in revenue
- A background in the food, retail or consumer package goods industry is a strong plus.
- Interest in sustainability also a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Poised and professional presence and ability/comfort in interfacing with, and presenting to senior executives
- Creative storytelling abilities are a must
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; excellent editorial skills
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to convey strategy effectively to colleagues and leadership
- Ability to seek out and contribute toward highly impactful work that positively impacts the business
- Understands a variety of key audiences / consumer tribes and how to develop and direct key messages toward them
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously from end to end
- Initiative to seek out, identify and understand trends, issues and best practices in creative storytelling, brand management and consumer engagement, and to share with team and key stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues of all levels and build cross-functional relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/adaptable in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment
- Ability to operate in a gray zone and manage competing priorities with comfort
- Organized, self-directed and motivated