Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. As part of this growth, we are searching for a new member to join our team as the Sr. Director of Agri-Business in Millsboro, DE. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information. When our associates are successful, the company is successful.
The primary purpose of the Sr. Director of Agri-Business is to oversee all feed ingredient purchasing at our five feed mills, as well as insure consistent supply of low cost ingredients while maintaining company quality standards. Responsibility will also include overseeing twelve grain elevators (MFGE), maximizing revenue generated on soybeans, wheat and barley, allowing us to minimize cost of corn sold to the feed mills. This role will also supervising sales of byproduct from Resource Recovery Plant.
- Supervise purchasing of all bulk and bag feed ingredients
- Supervise purchasing of all corn and soymeal. Work with buyers to attain purchasing objectives
- Use futures to control position of ownership in market
- Supervise sales of Barley, Soybeans, and Wheat. Review marketing plan of Merchandisers to maximize inventory revenues
- Determine current and future prices of grain, and direct position between cash and futures
- Monitor Breeder Feed Cost
- Keep up with feed ingredient analysis and advise nutritionists and management when we see substantial degradation.
- Monitor the movement of grain trains and feed ingredients to our 5 feed mills
- Weekly Position Report Supervision
- Supervise RRP Sales Manager to ensure highest prices for rendered products
- Minimum 4 years college with minimum 7 years trading experience or 10 yrs purchasing experience in lieu of college degree
- Working knowledge of futures markets and trading
- Excellent computer skills and math skills
- Extensive contacts and network in grain industry
- Understanding of the Agricultural Industry
- Excellent Management and Communication skills