DiscoverFresh Foods is a leader in the ready to eat & bakery manufacturing industry. In addition to our own line of fine food products we provide solutions to Private Label, National Brand, and co-pack clients across the US and the world. Our services aim at achieving client goals by focusing on the desired end user experience. As a leader in the industry, we constantly adapt to new technologies and are looking for qualified individuals to join our growing team to support our efforts.
We are looking to hire a Senior Cost/Financial Analyst with excellent organizational and analytical skills. Senior Cost/Financial Analysts are expected to be self-starters, detailed oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, have strong critical thinking skills, work comfortably under pressure, and deliver on tight deadlines.
To ensure success, Senior Cost/Financial Analysts should be confident, professional, and meticulous with a keen interest in the cost-efficient operations of the organization. Top candidates will have outstanding presentation and report-writing skills, with the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
Senior Cost/Financial Analyst Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the standard cost accounting system, documents, and records of the organization
- Manage the conversion from an actual cost system to a standard cost system and ensure alignment between the Cost, GL, and new WMS systems
- Enhance and update standard conversion costs by line
- Prepare pricing models for new products utilizing data to recommend operational improvements and strategic/cost savings initiatives
- Prepare monthly cost and inventory reporting and analysis: Sales and Margin Modeling, Inventory Valuation Reporting and Reconciliation, Inventory Reserve Analysis, and Material Analytics
- Serve as audit liaison for cost and inventory requests and ensure solid cost accounting internal controls and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in relation to Cost and Inventory
- Direct reconciliation of annual physical inventory count and ensure audit compliance
- Perform what-if analysis to determine impact of Raw Material and conversion costs per line for changes to standard costs
- Facilitate monthly variance of analysis of standard manufacturing costs to actual production costs
- Establish product standard cost and perform periodic standard cost revision
- Provide management with periodic detailed cost analysis by brand, customer and item recommending pricing, mix and cost savings strategies.
Senior Cost/Financial Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or related field (essential).
- Full understanding of GAAP and accounting principles
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license, Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or MBA (preferred)
- 5 - 10 years of recent Cost Accounting work experience (essential).
- Solid cost systems and ERP background and excellent MS Excel skills (Great Plains, Vicinity, and/or Panatrack WMS skills preferred)
- Proven experience in establishing a standard cost system
- Ability to collaborate with associates at all levels.
- Initiative-taker with proven record in leading projects.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and critical thinking skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report-writing, communication, and technical skills.