Hostess Brands LLC is one of the largest packaged food companies focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh baked sweet goods in the United States. The brand#39;s history dates back to 1919, when the Hostess CupCake was introduced to the public, followed by Twinkies® in 1930. Today, Hostess produces a variety of new and classic treats including Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Twinkies® and CupCakes. Hostess Brands also represents the Dolly Madison, Voortman, Big Texas, and Clover Hill brands.
The Senior Cost Accounting Analyst will be responsible for driving process improvement in all aspects of cost accounting (manufacturing, distribution, etc.). This includes developing processes that support the accuracy of standard costs and ultimately analyzing and reporting on variances (including to prior year and budget). This position will drive the production of the related financial reports and performance tools for department and company leaders and in the support of month-end close activities through journal entries preparation and inventory account reconciliations.
- Supporting Supply Chain Finance in their costing analyses for new product initiatives
- Own standard cost definitions and adherence for material costs, BOMs, routings, overhead, and supply chain. Coordinate and approve planned changes within SAP
- Provide consolidated production variance analysis, including bridges; communicate opportunities and engage in corrective action plans
- Track and communicate impact of production and sales mix on cost and margin with specific details
- Monitor and review finished good cost changes from monthly rollup and communicate drivers.
- Work with procurement to quantify and explain price variance trends and future commitments.
- Ensure integrity of production report data, and provide reports and tools for performance and OEE
- Prepare costing reports by product and perform analysis of standard costs and variances. Prepare production analysis reports and communicate with plant management and finance personnel regarding production processes and standard cost issues
- Support month-end close by preparing journal entries and account reconciliation
- BA in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of cost accounting experience.
- Experience in the food or consumer packaged goods industry is preferred
- Enterprise resource planning experience required.
- SAP experience is preferred
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions/resolutions
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work effectively across functions and levels