Our client, a global leader in the food industry located in Toronto, ON, is looking for a Senior Cost Accountant to join their team.
What you will do in this role:
· Establish standard costs and maintain cost accounting system
· Make estimates of new and proposed product costs
· Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
· Lead annual budget and planning cycle, setting out timelines and managing participants to stay on plan
· Leads the process of the standard cost updates and manages the year end standard cost roll-up.
· Analyze costs of raw materials and other supplies and create cost-benefit analyses for changing vendors.
· Analyze actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
· Review rates of depreciation, labor and overhead and suggest policy changes to improve numbers
· Ensure standard costs are updated in the ERP on a regular basis
What you will bring to the role:
· 3+ years’ experience in a financial/cost accounting/analysis role in a manufacturing company
· University Degree with a concentration in Accounting and Finance; CPA designation would be preferred
· Computer Literate and Strong system skills, proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and knowledge of ERP systems
· Strong communication and time management skills
· Understand job costing, standard costing, BOM structures, manufacturing process flows, vertical integration and supply chain
· Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
What our client is offering:
A competitive salary and full medical/health benefits for the employee and their family.
The chance to join a growing company with a great work environment.
If you feel that this role would be a good fit for you, please submit your resume today in MS Word format – Don’t forget to include your accomplishments and achievements.