When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We#39;re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It#39;s in our DNA. We#39;ve turned a family recipe into a new snacking category. And the wilderness into the world#39;s largest meat snack business, that#39;s still proudly family owned and operated.
We#39;re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link#39;s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground. To realize our vision of becoming the World’s ##1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Jack Link#39;s Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s Protein Snacks also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company is made up of over 4,000 passionate team members, across 11 countries, who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products and feeding the journey of those who move things forward. The Jack Link’s Protein Snacks portfolio of brands includes, Jack Link’s, Lorissa’s Kitchen, MATADOR Jerky, BiFi and Peperami.
Join us as our Senior Corporate Counsel to be a key member of our legal team providing legal support for our company’s business lines and departments. In this role, you will leverage your drafting and negotiating experience with a broad range of agreements. You will also have the opportunity to make a difference by providing business-focused legal advice and excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment. If you have a strong work ethic and take pride in achieving great things, come Run with Sasquatch as part of our growing team!
Specifically, you will:
- Draft, negotiate and review of a wide variety of agreements including manufacturing, licensing and service agreements as well as vendor and customer agreements;
- Develop forms, templates, training materials and other tools and processes to improve the efficiency of the legal team;
- Effectively use legal document management software to improve collaboration and knowledge retention within the organization;
- Research and remain current with federal, state, and local judicial decisions, laws, and other regulations affecting the organizations operations and provide appropriate guidance to ensure compliance; and
- Provide legal counsel in a wide variety of matters including regulatory, intellectual property, real estate, finance/tax and corporate structure.
- Juris Doctor degree required with excellent academic credentials from a top law school strongly preferred.
- 6 - 8+ years of experience working either in-house, within a major law firm or combination thereof.
- Experience with trademark, advertising and/or food regulatory law a plus.
- Ability to articulate concise and logical thoughts along with strong organizational, interpersonal, management, negotiation, communication (both oral and written), analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must exhibit professional and managerial skills in a complex and dynamic organization along with the leadership traits and personal characteristics that are necessary for success in a senior level legal role.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Jack Link’s provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Jack Link’s is participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.