Perdue AgriBusiness is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it#39;s second century of growth and innovation. An international agricultural products and services company, we handle agricultural commodities and have a diverse portfolio of products and businesses.
Perdue AgriBusiness has a great opportunity available for a Senior level trader located in Salisbury, MD.
This position will be responsible for the purchase, sell and trade of assigned commodities to maximize profitability. To prospect and develop new trading customers and to maintain and improve service to existing customers.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Negotiate the purchase and/or sale of assigned commodities
- Manage trading positions, inventories and forward positions to minimize risk and maximize profitability
- Identify market trends and positions assigned to maximize profitability
- Arrange credit and collection terms for customers
- Ensure all purchases, sales and trades comply with existing treasury guidelines, recommendations and Company policies
- Prospect and develop new trading customers
- Provide logistical support and customer service for established customers to ensure all customer requirements are attained
- Develop long-term strategic plans to ensure growth and profitability.
- Provide training and mentoring to junior traders
BS Degree (Agriculture, Business Management or Accounting)
10+ years of feed ingredient commodity experience. Understanding of cash commodity markets. Understanding of all aspects of the trading business (i.e. purchase, sale, transportation, logistics (truck, rail, container, vessel), accounts receivable and position risk). Experience and responsibility with income statements and balance sheets. Understanding of standard software applications. Strong math, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Normal climate controlled office environment. Able to communicate on the telephone and use standard office equipment. Able to move freely throughout the facility. Required to travel to remote AgriBusiness facilities and other customer locations.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.