WHO WE ARE
Baldwin Richardson Foods, Co. is a global manufacturer of custom food and beverage ingredients and one of the largest African-American family-owned and-operated businesses in the food industry. The Company has strong supply relationships with some of the world’s largest Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and Food Service customers. Iconic, global food brands entrust Baldwin Richardson Foods as their partner to deliver the highest quality products that exceed industry standards. The Company also manufactures and markets Mrs. Richardson’s Ice Cream Toppings and Nance’s Mustards and Condiments. Baldwin Richardson Foods has manufacturing locations in Macedon, NY and Williamson, NY; Corporate Offices in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and Food Innovation Center Westmont, IL. This role reports in to Macedon, with a remote work option available. Travel will be required.
WHAT WE NEED
The Strategic Procurement function at BRF plays a critical role in the company’s ability to deliver high quality, cost effective products to our customers through the team effectively sourcing direct raw materials, on a timely basis at the lowest total cost, consistent with forecast requirements. This role has full-cycle ownership of procurement process, including the full RFP process, for assigned contracts and/or vendors with a specific focus on in-depth understanding of raw material commodity procurement for food manufacturing. This team has annual cost-savings goals assigned, and work effectively, to achieve. This is a very data driven, results oriented role!
LOCATION: There is the potential for this role to work remotely. Given BRF’s culture of collaboration, and cross-functional relationship development, it is imperative that remote employees regularly (every 4-6 weeks) spend time on-site at the Macedon facility. This will require approximately 25% travel. To be considered for remote work, individual needs to be either driving distance, or direct flight to Rochester, NY, willing to travel regularly and spend several weeks in area for on-boarding.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and execute on a sourcing strategy for each assigned commodity that incorporates customer requirements, product requirements, market conditions, business risk, and supplier capabilities.
- Provide global and domestic industry assessment for all assigned categories in order to ensure BRF is considering all elements that can impact our source of supply and competitive advantage.
- Use a data driven approach to develop purchasing plans to include market driven “trigger” points.
- Communicate on a continuous basis with internal customers to ensure understanding of business objectives, expectations, and specific requirements.
- Create competition within categories to drive bottom-line impact and risk mitigation.
- Use key reports and consultants to obtain market intelligence; i.e. long and short term market drivers
- Develop clear delineation between controlled and uncontrolled spend in order to institute strategy to manage/mitigate cost/risk for uncontrolled spend (market driven cost inputs)
- Implement strategy and targets to drive cost out of controllable spend (negotiable inputs, processing, waste).
- Participate in developing annual budgets for assigned categories.
- Develop Supplier engagement plan based on category strategy. Working with BRF Supplier Quality team, understand supplier’s out-going quality assessment process.
- Manage suppliers based on metrics collected via scorecard across BRF disciplines.
- Engage with Innovation/R&D to provide supplier/ingredient recommendations during development process to ensure source of supply and maximize the competitive advantage to Company.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of all sections of the monthly commodity dashboard.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Bachelor#39;s degree (BA/BS) in business-related discipline (i.e. business, economics, finance, accounting, supply chain) is preferred
- A minimum of seven (7) years of sourcing or procurement management role to include:
- Direct responsibility for supplier management and pricing/costs decisions.
- Ownership of RFP process
- Past experience being managed to cost-savings objectives
- Manufacturing industry experience required; preferably high mix, high volume product lines.
- Strong supplier management skills, have had responsibility for industry assessments, financial analysis, negotiating contracts and cost modeling
- Strategic commodity procurement experience, preferably with understanding of tracking of futures, and reading market reports.
- An inquisitiveness that drives you to dig into understanding the business, identifying bottlenecks and opportunities, and then create solutions.
- High level of process improvement and willingness to drive business forward.
- Experience with an ERP system required. Systems proficiency with SAP desired.
- A drive, and desire to solve problems with data.
Generous benefits package, including low premium and out-of-pocket medical/dental/vision costs, vacation, sick, 401k with matching, holiday, birthdays off, designated holidays and floating holidays.
Read more about who we are at www.brfoods.com or www.linkedin.com/company/baldwin-richardson-foods