Danone North America is the largest Public Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Senior Category Activation Manager (Senior Sourcing Manager), Flexibles in Broomfield, CO.
Flexibles is the #39;Face to the Consumer#39; by providing printed solutions with often critical consumer expectations supplied by a variety of suppliers. The Senior Category Activation Manager is a key position due to the impact on our business, driven by Innovation, Excellence in Execution on shelves, Consumer Connection and Brand Equity to reach our 3 missions around People, Profit and Purpose.
This role is part of DANONE#39;s Central Procurement Organization (SSD), who serves the Top and Bottom line of the Dairy division by direct connections with the country business units (CBU), being US, Canada. In this role you will have a high level of connection with Marketing, Operations, Quality and R&I. The spend to be managed in this position is over 70 Million across 4 sub categories (Lids, Labels, Sleeves & Pouches)
Develop and implement the sourcing strategy for the Flexibles -North America in alignment with the global category strategy.
- Act as the sustainable #39;Face#39; of the business
- Understand the local / regional needs on sustainability and high shelf performance
- Develop good regional market insights and filter global solutions for local benefits
- Implement regional action plans to fulfill local and global requirements.
- Secure our equity
- Prepare and support the huge transformation of our business without supply chain issues
- Track and implement an improvement program on security of supply and supplier compliance
- Provide productivity ideas and implement these successfully
- Be a true partner
- Built a strong supplier network and select carefully a few #39;Partners#39; for our future
- Run an effective program to a support DANONE#39;s mission and ambition at Top 2 Top level
- Be present and make sure our Partners are present in strategic business topics, like sustainability.
- Be owner of the performance and supplier relationship management
- Be the custodian of efficient and effective processes
- Maintain the high level of accuracy on prices in the systems
- Be prepared for data input to (global) tenders and or regional request
- Optimize the ways of working between planning, operations and procurement (SSD)
After 2 years you, as a Regional CAM, for Flexibles should have achieved
- A recognition for successfully introducing a new shelf presence strategy for your region
- Achieved a serious impact on DANONE#39;s 2025 mission and US Pledge, by reducing climate impact on flexibles
- An aligned bottom up result, delivered in the right spirit.
- Managed to establish a strong rooted relationship with the business and some supply #39;Partners#39;
- Have an expert view on market intelligence and the supply / supplier base in your region
Where will I be
- You will report into the Category Activation Director in USA
- There will be a global team working in different regions and division to support you
- You will have close relationship with the Global Category Sourcing Director (CSD) for Flexibles in Schiphol (the Netherlands)
- You will be based in White Plains, NY or Broomfield, CO
- You have to travel frequently to Canada, DanoneWave HQ, suppliers and business meetings
A profile we would love to see
- Business school with a food / engineering mind set
- Experience with technique preferable print technology
- Experience in procurement, relationship building, development is a pre
- Used to work in a multi-cultural global environment
- Fluent in English
Key characteristics that would fit
- Change management / transformational skills
- Team work and Motivating
- Result driven and execution excellence
- Creative op mind, think out of the box
- Independent and not shy of working remote
- Financial skills - MRM etc
- Business acumen
- Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
- Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Equity, Supply Chain Manager, Supply, Manager, Engineering, Finance, Operations, Management