Carolina Ingredients, located in Rock Hill, SC, is a purveyor of the world’s finest food ingredients. Carolina Ingredients takes pride in every aspect of their business, from their top-quality commercial food ingredients and superior seasoning blends to their outstanding customer service.
Carolina Ingredients is currently looking for a Senior Buyer in the food manufacturing/distribution industry who is passionate about creating value, building partnerships, finding innovative solutions and who has a “get it done right” attitude.
1.Manage finite scheduling at location based on customer demand, service levels, inventory plan, product seasonality and least landed costs while optimizing capacity.
- To perform responsible purchasing and material management functions with limited supervision within a framework of standard policies and procedures requiring initiative, accuracy, attention to detail, organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to concurrently manage multiple tasks.
3.Interface cross functionally with Sales, Operations, Internal/External Warehousing and our Customer Service Team.
Duti Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with Supply Chain Manager and leads to keep balanced volume between plants. Manage optimum levels of RM/WIP inventories to support demand
- Work with Sales to support new product rollouts & maintain new products by providing pricing of ingredients.
- Update current landed costs upon receipt of price changes from vendors in GP system.
- Enter current landed costs into preliminary cost structures requested by Sales.
- Be a subject matter expert as it relates to the plant’s ERP and Inventory System.
- Identifies and executes cost reduction opportunities with the Supply Chain Manager.
- Identifies the “min/max” for all material inventories
- Maintain a min level of inventory
- Manage purchase orders and material deliveries
- Work with internal and external freight resources to ensure timely deliveries of inbound materials at competitive rates
- Identifies and drives best practices within total supply chain, including the development of supplier and supply related metrics
- Coordinates supplier management programs with the Supply Chain Manager
- Tracks, reports and processes quality performance program for all suppliers, eliminate supplier related quality issues through Root Causes Analysis and partnering with suppliers.
- Maintains the production schedule alongside the scheduler about new blends up and coming.
Req Required Competencies & Knowledge
Kno Knowledge of:
- Carolina Ingredients planning, products, and production processes
- Knowledge and experience with ERP/MRP systems, Microsoft Great Plains (GP) and Panatrack experience a plus.
Skill Skills in:
- Well-developed phone and email skills
- Experienced in conflict resolution
- Communicating our wants and needs on the phone
- Prioritizes work based on short and long-term objectives
- Successfully analyzes and presents data to multiple levels of the organization
- Well-developed project skills
- Effective presentation, writing, and presentation of key reporting data points.
Abili Abilty to:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Successfully multi-task
- Ensure collaborative relationships with industry, trade, other associations, regulatory agencies and Carolina Ingredients staff.
- Lead ‘best in class’ behaviors with focus on safety, inventory, quality, and policy focus
Mini Minmum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Operations and Supply Chain fields preferred.
- 5+ years or relevant business experience in a purchasing/buyer role, knowledge of food industry a plus. Additional background in materials/inventory management
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, ERP system
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written