Primary responsibility of this position is to provide leadership and direction in the production and maintenance operations to ensure timely and cost efficient production and distribution of products. Day-to-day supervision of the management staff to achieve required production and quality standards in a safe manner, and for promoting and maintaining positive working relationships with the production group. Specifically, this role:
- Establishes, measures, and is accountable for operating and capital budgets for the operation.
- Meets all facility operational plans, to insure yield, birds per man hour, pounds per man hour, line efficiency, CSI, QI, requirements are met.
- Ensures processes are in place to continuously reduce turnover, improve safety results as measured by the Safety Scorecard, and create the environment that will make the facility the Employer of Choice in the area.
- Ensure processes are in place to continually provide training to improve supervisory skills of staff, and improve the skill set of the hourly production associates to maximize the results of individual and team efforts.
- Constantly develops new ideas and methods to improve operational performance and improve product quality and customer reliability.
- Supports and promotes the companys annual People, Products, and Profitability goals through effective planning, communication, emphasizing the requirement for all team members to be efficient and effective in their respective responsibilities.
Requirements: Bachelors degree in Business Administration/Management, Agriculture or related discipline plus 10-15 years related work experience. Specifically:
- Must have at least 8 years of poultry processing experience.
- Proven track record to lead and inspire people.
- Must be able to organize multiple protocols/projects and complete on schedule. Able to develop protocols and processes and deploy.
- Able to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
- Requires prior supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to provide strong customer orientation.
- Must be able to communicate to all levels of the organization; possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must be able to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or company business.