ARYZTA is a leading global bakery company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world.
We are committed to attracting, engaging, and retaining the best people in the industry. We embrace the diversity of our workforce as one of the strengths of our organization, building strong work teams and supporting different opinions and work styles
We re growing
Operating on five continents, ARYZTA has 57 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens worldwide, and a growing workforce of almost 20,000 employees.
We re recognized
As a leading global specialty bakery company, bakery expertise is at the heart of our business. Many of our Brands are the leaders in their categories.
We re committed to safety and quality
We maintain the highest standards for quality, and food and people safety. Our ARYZTA Cares philosophy ensures our responsibility to our people, our community, our environment, and the quality and safety of our food.
We re committed to sustainability
We work hard to optimize the use of energy and water in our bakeries, maximize recycling, reduce our carbon footprint, and work with our suppliers to increase the sustainability of our food.
Here at ARYZTA, you ll have a real opportunity to impact the business. We are a growing, fast-moving global company that takes a lot of pride in our delicious food offerings. We recognize that our continued success depends on the quality, commitment and professionalism of our people so we embrace and reward new ideas and hard work.
We are always looking for smart, motivated people who are ready to contribute to our evolving story and create satisfying outcomes for our valued customers. This is your chance to take on new challenges, explore your growth potential, and be part of something exciting!
Senior Business Development Manager , AFE
Reports to: Chief Customer Officer & McDonald’s Global Lead
Region : ARYZTA Europe
Location: London / Flexible with Regular Travel (Approx 35%)
(The location for this role can be flexible, however London is preferable and regular travel will be required)
Overall Purpose of role:
The Senior BD Manager will directly support the Chief Customer Officer, ARYZTA Food Europe – who has responsibility for managing Strategic Customers & Partnerships across ARYZTA’s European landscape and delivering strong growth & success. This includes working closely with leading European multi-country retailers & foodservice players, and QSR partners with a global presence.
Specifically this role will be responsible for developing & managing new customer opportunities across Europe, ensuring clear governance frameworks, financial rigour and group margin optimisation are in place from the outset and monitored thoroughly.
Principle Accountabilities will include:
- Improved management of Top 10 AFE strategic customers (over time extend to top 15-20) including:
- Develop and improve reporting process including monthly dashboard for top 10 AFE customers (revenue & profit) and pipeline / future views and key learnings ensuring transparent and value-adding reporting
- Identify and develop key customer teams from across relevant European countries: appointing clear leaders (rationale: largest revenue country leads unless exceptional reason i.e. v strong relationship, etc) ensuring accountability and ownership
- Customer group review and business development sessions: set up annual calendar and drive ownership & accountability – quarterly / bi-monthly sessions (full year calendar diarized in advance)
- Support and progress customer development opportunities (external opportunities & equally internal projects like insourcing, etc):
- Creating clear project plans with defined timelines and financial projections
- Monthly dashboards showing progress / challenges
- Business Case preparation for investment decisions required
- Understanding how we can support and then supporting actively
- Develop and implement Inter-co pricing policy and ensure adherence to this.
- Work quickly and effectively with local country FDs to deliver margin transparency and help quick & effective decision making.
- Act as a no.2 to Chief Customer Officer as and when required step in to meetings / conversations.
- McDonald’s global role:
- Helping identify best practice on commercial and operational KPIs. Identifying, agreeing and tracking targets.
- Drive or support specific projects as required - tracking milestones and financials.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- 10 Years+ FMCG Commercial Experience with Pan European (ideally International) exposure – a mix of branded and B2B / private label food experience is ideal
- High Level of Financial Acumen – ideally a qualified accountant with extensive financial and management experience, ideally within a senior commercial finance role
- Strong Analytical, Planning, Forecasting and Reporting Skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong resilience: ability to work in a highly pressured environment and meet deadlines as required
- Superb Influencing and excellent relationship building skills
- High cross-cultural sensitivity and high Emotional Intelligence
- Results Orientated
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Strong commercial outlook.
- Change orientated.
- Project management skills including process definition and improvement.
- Must be adept in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel, Powerpoint and Word (knowledge of SAP would be helpful)
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
Aryzta is an Equal Opportunities Employer
ARYZTA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.