Senior Benefits Specialist
Reports To: Benefits Manager
Department: Human Resources
Location: Chicago, IL
Exempt Status: Exempt
At Glanbia Nutritionals Inc., our portfolio centers on dairy and non-dairy nutritional ingredients. We co-innovate and deliver ingredient solutions and precision premixes for use in the mainstream food and beverage, infant and clinical, and functional nutrition markets. We are the number one provider of whey-based nutritional ingredients globally and the number one producer of American-style cheddar cheese. Our protein systems have transformed the bar and beverage categories bringing increased levels of protein, cleaner labels and greater product functionality to market. We have a direct presence in 21 countries, with manufacturing facilities in the US, Germany and China, and international sales and technical offices around the world.
Research, analyze, support and administer corporate benefit programs in a manner that supports Glanbia s culture and ensures compliance with company policies and statutory requirements. The role works closely with others to identify opportunities for improvement, and implement business processes to ensure data integrity and improve the efficiency of benefits administration.
- Oversee the administration of our health & welfare, retirement, and wellness programs; monitor weekly carrier feeds/resolve any inconsistencies, review and approve vendor invoices for accuracy and payment, manage carrier discrepancy reports, research and resolve escalated issues through third party vendors.
- Researches and responds to complex questions from participants and vendors regarding the plans, including eligibility, covered services and exclusions.
- Builds and maintains a strong working relationship with third party vendors and administrators. Monitors and tracks service level agreements, performance, and employee satisfaction.
- Act as subject matter expert for the Leave of Absence (LOA) programs (including STD, LTD, FMLA, ADA, USERRA, SDI and Company-sponsored leaves of absence).
- Manage all administrative aspects of LOA programs; including calculating and auditing all bi-weekly pay amounts reported by the third party administrator and coordinating payments and adjustments with the Company s payroll team.
- Ensure coordination and payment of accruals during applicable elimination periods.
- Manage coordination of state-paid disability programs and Workers Compensation programs.
- Updating the HRIS system
- Conduct periodic internal audits to ensure the integrity of retirement elections/deferrals/loans, benefit elections/enrollments, and the accompanying and payroll deductions across our HRIS system and Vendor websites; update internal control procedures as needed.
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Support the development and coordination of communications for HR Managers and team members, such as Annual Enrollment materials, Team Member Handbooks, and Company newsletters, including the facilitation and coordination of train-the-trainer sessions, employee meetings, education seminars, acquisition integration meetings, and new hire orientation
- Respond to government agency inquiries and complete required action items.
- Manage the tracking and documentation of administrative benefit appeals.
- Stays current on government regulations, industry trends and prevailing best practices among similar organizations. Ensures compliance with federal and state laws, including IRS and Department of Labor regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Five or more years of Human Resource experience with an emphasis on Benefits; experience with outsourced benefits solutions and able to demonstrate general knowledge of HRIS systems; CEBS preferred.
- Experience in administration, compliance and regulatory aspects of benefit plans including Health, Dental, Life, ADD, Disability, Leave of absence, voluntary benefits, and 401(k), including Section 125, COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, IRS, FLSA regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- SAP/ADP HRIS experience preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage own time, activities, and resources. Identifies specific activities required to accomplish objectives, ranks them in order of importance, and takes action to achieve desired results. Prioritizes multiple activities and projects.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to build collaborative relationships.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
Are you someone who likes to make it happen, make it better and make it fun? If so, our company offers you an excellent opportunity to do really interesting work and develop a career in a dynamic and innovative environment that is all about making you and our business successful.