Based in Mount Prospect, IL, Mizkan America is a subsidiary of the Mizkan Group, a global, family-owned company that has been Bringing Flavor To Life for more than 200 years. As one of the leading makers of condiments and sauces in the United States, Mizkan America maintains 17 manufacturing facilities that serve the retail, foodservice, specialty-Asian and food-ingredient trade channels. Mizkan Americas portfolio has a wide variety of vinegars, Italian and Asian sauces, mustards, cooking wines, wine reductions, sushi seasoning, salad dressings and peppers. Mizkan manufactures a wide variety of branded and private label products. Mizkan America brands include: Rag, Bertolli, Holland House, NAKANO, Natures Intent, World Harbors, Barengo, Mizkan Asian, Rio Luna and Four Monks. Mizkan America is also the exclusive distributor for Angostura Bitters in North America.
Reporting to the Bertolli Brand Manager and working closely with the Ragu and Bertolli cross-functional teams, the Senior Associate Brand Manager will assist in delivering specified business targets (volume, profit, share) through the development and execution of brand strategy and plan activities for the Pasta Sauce portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the cross functional team in day-to-day brand product portfolio management.
- Perform monthly business analyses to understand category and brand performance; translate analyses into insights, implications, and recommendations to achieve brand business targets.
- Lead commercialization process for innovation and product/packaging renovation.
- Collaborate with sales and cross functional team to create selling materials to support new product launches, trade and pricing strategies, and shelf management initiatives.
- Manage, track, and evaluate range of consumer and trade promotional activities.
- Participate in new product development activities from concept to consumer research, commercialization, and go-to-market strategy.
- Assist in the development and execution of annual and long-term brand marketing plans.
- Partner with external agencies on executing and measuring marketing programs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS required in Marketing, Business, or related field; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of marketing experience (with MBA) or 5+ years of marketing experience (without MBA)
- Consumer packaged goods experience within the food industry is highly preferred.
- Able to work independently, prioritize and complete multiple projects
- Experience with syndicated data tools (Nielsen, IRI, etc.).
- Some travel required
- No relocation available for this role