Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
The Senior Application Technologist Microbiology works in the lab on a daily basis and is able to independently lead fundamental and business driven (application) research within the Research, Development & Application (RD&A) center of Biochemicals. Within Biochemicals the topics related to Microbiology are mainly focused on Animal Health (AH) and Home and Personal Care (HPC), where lactic acid and lactylate derivatives are applied because of their antimicrobial properties. Research that will be done can vary from application tests to support customers, to more fundamental research in order to have a better understanding about the mechanism or how it can be applied in the market. In this role it is key that you can determine what the (internal) customer desires and translate that into a technical research proposal or program in order to find a solution.
The RD&A Biochemicals team is a multidisciplinary team of around 11 professionals. Only a small portion of the team is microbiologist. Within the company there is additional anti-microbial expertise within Global R&D and the Food division.
In this technical role you will spend over half of your time in the lab, working on base strengthening of our lactic acid anti-microbial efficacy and developing the new innovative and sustainable products that will grow our business. Focus is on preservation and kill of certain microbes, fungi and yeasts. The tests can vary from official application test, e.g. EN1276 to more fundamental research. It is important that you can modify existing tests or develop new tests and validate these in order to come to the right solution.
Within this role it is crucial that you can translate the (internal) customer needs or issues into a research proposal, execution of the research and proposing recommendations to the technical and business team. Also it is very important that you are self-driven and that you have a strong helicopter overview.
The Senior Application Technologist Microbiology will report into the Manager RD&A Biochemicals.
- You will drive the microbiology research within the RD&A, design experiments and create accessible overviews of results which can be used by the project teams.
- You will join key strategic and customer projects as a project member or technical lead.
- You will technically lead initiative from projects or customer support and perform in a small team the desired experiments.
- You work closely with business development and application specialists/scientists to align the research approach.
- You will set up new protocols and test methods.
- You actively keep up with new developments in your market by doing desk research and act accordingly.
- Holds a bachelor or master degree from (Applied) University in Microbiology or alike.
- More then three years relevant experience in a non-routine lab environment.
- Possesses good communication skills in at least English.
- Is openminded and a team player.
- Has a helicopter view on both gathered data and tasks and is able to set priorities.
- Can design experiments independently.
- Is driven to understand customer needs and issues and tries to find fitting solutions.
- Enjoys dealing with different organizational levels, disciplines and cross functional departments and connects easily with others.
- Enjoys an informal work environment.
- Has affinity with formulation or application work in the mentioned markets AH and HPC.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. What makes Corbion special is the way we consciously create that connection between the product of our work and our individual lives and use it to shape our choices and our priorities as a company. We have a great company made up of talented, dedicated people - people who share a purpose and a vision. When we all understand how we intend to get there in the same way, there#39;s no telling how far we can go. We offer you the chance to join a company with a:
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference
- International focus with truly diverse teams
- Unique possibility to be trained by our internal expertise in the world of biobased products
- We invest in relevant training courses related to your particular discipline, that will give you the opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- Lastly, we offer a friendly, informal culture in a demanding professional environment
In addition, we actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute toward our shared objectives and values. By joining Corbion, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading company in emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. Our sustainable ingredient solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. With a worldwide network of production facilities, sales offices and agents in more than 100 countries, Corbion is known for quality, product innovation, and customer orientation, as well as for its collegial, informal and results-oriented company culture.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Job Segment: Biochemistry, Microbiology, Medical, Developer, Science, Healthcare, Technology, Research