The individual in this role will be part of the SOX / Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Program Management Office Team (SOX PMO) supporting theirinternal control design and development, and managing the global and companywide SOX-404 Program (SOX Program).
The SOX PMO forms part of Corporate Controlling within Management Services Inc. (MSI) and provides oversight of the SOX Program. SOX PMO partners across the companyto ensure a strong environment for internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR). It does this by establishing and developing the company#39;s SOX Framework and providing guidance to the businesses to execute against this framework. SOX PMO also develops company-wide control standards, manages and participates in control-related projects, and provides control-related training. Core Functions:
- Assist with the development and maintenance of their SOX framework, which includes to conduct the annual risk assessment, scoping for management testing and compliance to the 2013 COSO Internal Control Integrated Framework;
- Assist with the ongoing evaluation, testing, and enhancement of the SOX Program by performing walkthroughs and control testing for selectedregions and Corporate processes, including IT General Controls and SOC 1 reviews, and developing and maintaining standard testing templates and scripts;
- Manage the SOX Program application (Cadency Compliance), including user access maintenance, workflow monitoring and maintenance and performing quality checks of selectedregions and processes.
- Provide support to the deficiency reporting & remediation process, including providing assistance to regional SOX teams to fulfil their SOX reporting needs through Cadency Compliance, tracking remediation status of SOX related Global Internal Audit (GIA) findings and the escalation process.
- Provide support with SOX PMO Audit Committee and Management Reporting.
- Continue professional development on US GAAP and SOX.
- Develop relationships with regions SOX Coordinators, internal and external auditors, and highlight best practices
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in Accounting or equivalent; CPA, CISA preferred
- 3-5 years experience in internal and/or external auditing, which includes a combination of IT and business process auditing
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with a high degree of comfort communicating with internal management, external audit, peer groups and internal audit. Work closely with firm#39;s internal and external auditors.
- Ability to work independently and within a team and is comfortable working with resources in remote locations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an established track record of collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability driving changes, is a consensus builder that can drive for improvement and efficiency, thinks out of the box and is creative.
- Strong background in Accounting, Financial Reporting and/or Auditing
- Experience with Big 4 or large multinational SOX compliance programs is preferred
- Expertise in internal controls over financial reporting
- Expertise with technical SOX compliance and/or control testing
- Basic understanding of US GAAP
- Knowledge on HFM and/or SAP is a plus
- English proficiency required; Spanish or Portuguese is a plus