Reports To: Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
This role presents a unique opportunity to join an independent, intensely purpose driven company with a planning horizon extending beyond the next generation. In this role, you will be partner to the head of corporate FP&A, working to develop the finance function providing financial analytic and integrated business planning capabilities aligned with the long-term growth strategy of Traditional Medicinals (TM). You will utilize your finance background working alongside other people who strongly believe in the triple bottom line – focusing on people, planet and profit.
For its sustainability and ethical business practices, TM was recognized as one of the top 10% of all Benefit (B) Corporations in the world. For 45 years the Company has been a pioneer in an emerging social business model while achieving commercial success as the 4th largest bagged tea company in the US with products sold in over 70,000 stores. Our size and accessible leadership enable our employees to make significant contributions. We encourage your passion and ideas.
The Finance Department at TM
The TM finance business model relies upon the FP&A function working as business partners with our team members in other functional areas. This presents an opportunity to build upon current skill sets while developing skills in project management and interpersonal skills.
The Sr. Financial Analysis will be based in Rohnert Park, located in beautiful Sonoma County, California.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for taking a leadership role in partnering with business leaders to develop and prepare long term financial plans, annual budget and forecast updates.
- Providing Director, FP&A and other finance leaders regular feedback and communication regarding variations between plan and actual results, including the projected impact to future results throughout the reporting cycle, timely updates, expert analysis and responses to inquiries.
- Responsible for partnering with finance team members to prepare, analyze and communicate financial profitability through monthly management report and other communications to executive leadership team.
- Assist in creation and delivery of enhanced management reports / dashboards / KPI’s which allow business partners to better understand the business and make improved decisions.
- Partners with business leaders to recognize and solve complex business problems through financial and statistical analyses, providing comprehensive financial expertise to improve enterprise financial performance.
- Ensure appropriate methods are in place to accurately track, forecast and analyze the enterprise wide strategic initiatives to aid the business in making critical, time-sensitive decisions.
- Uses and creates financial models, systems and software to complete tasks and reduce process complexities to simplify business interactions.
- Ability to review, prepare, and analyze financial, statistical and analytical reports and metrics and translate them into operational goals.
- Ability to identify financial performance trends, anticipate impacts, explain variances and recommend solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose positive business solutions to problems with the ability to naturally analyze, prioritize, and synthesize all types of information to allow consistent, timely and effective business impact.
- Ability to use, develop and create detailed / automated financial models.
- Familiarity with GAAP.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (queries, macros and advanced pivot tables) and proficiency with other MS Office products such as Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with financial planning / management reporting systems (Hyperion, Cognos, Adaptive, Host, etc.). Design and implementation experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent degree and 5-7 years of finance experience.
- Strong background and exposure to all areas of finance (such as FP&A, controllership, accounting, tax, treasury) preferred.
- Excellent planning, organization, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to build partnerships, problem solve, influence decisions, work in a collaborative style and become a sought-after partner.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills (both written and oral) interacting with people at all levels of the company. Possess capability to present to Senior Executive Leadership.
- High intellectual curiosity and strategic mindset who can bring innovative ideas and approaches to solve issues.
- Forward-thinking in implementing tools and techniques to improve analytics, driving better business decisions.
- Strong attention to detail.
Traditional Medicinals, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud equal opportunity employers. We wholeheartedly embrace authenticity, diversity, and people’s differences. We acknowledge, celebrate, and support individuality to the great advantage our consumers, our stakeholders, our products, and the planet. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace for all our people.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.